8098 - Clone Turbo Tank

Marker

I don't think the Clone Turbo Tank is a very popular vehicle in general. Kids may like it, but I don't think a lot of adults are searching for one. 7261 Clone Turbo Tank is a little over $200 now, but it took it a long time to get there.

The old 7261 had two versions, one with the exterior mounted 'light up' Mace Windu minifigure that lights up and the standard one, with the minifigures in the box. The 7261 box that you could press the Mace Windu goes for $100+ more than the regular version. If anyone is interested in the 7261, make sure you pick up the box with the Mace Windu you can see. ;-)

How do you choose the different styles? When I type in 7261 I only have one option and I don't see a place where it shows the value of one vs. the other.

You really can't. LEGO must have changed the box at sometime within the production year, but kept the set number the same. The pieces are identical in each set, just the box is different and much more valuable. I have two of these sets and have seen huge differences in price between the two types.

We have the ability to look at past listings from EBAY going back months at a time with the Terapeak data and I manually went thru the sets and found a lot of exterior displayed Mace Windu boxes going for around $400 MISB per, while the regular boxes ranged from $200-$250 MISB. I have to look at the pictures to differentiate.

Yea, the Light-Up minifigures only lasted a year and when the next batch of Turbo Tanks was made they scrapped the Light-Up Mace in favor of a regular one and put in an extra Clone Trooper. The boxes are very similar except for the little window you mentioned. I just wasn't sure if there was a way to look at both versions on the site. Other Star Wars sets with the same set number but different box art vary in value also.

Yea, the Light-Up minifigures only lasted a year and when the next batch of Turbo Tanks was made they scrapped the Light-Up Mace in favor of a regular one and put in an extra Clone Trooper. The boxes are very similar except for the little window you mentioned. I just wasn't sure if there was a way to look at both versions on the site. Other Star Wars sets with the same set number but different box art vary in value also.

Jeff is working on an option for 'individual' searches/filters for a single set. In other words, we will be able to specifically choose what we want to look for in individual sets and not all 9000+ LEGO sets. By doing this, we will be able to look for specific words and numbers that would differentiate one set from another within similar listings.

• 7 months later...