What to use for Packaging?

Orodes

Hello again all I'm sorry to keep asking questions but i want to know everything before i even attempt to start selling on eBay, so my question is the title basically. What should i be using to Package certain Lego items, from key chains and spinners to Small sets and Large sets, like always any help is very much appreicated, thanks all.

I have to say, I am a firm beliver in a box at all times to protect any LEGO. I also believe for smaller things like key chains, they still need to be packed in a small box, wrapped in bubble wrap or some other cushion. When shipping mine, I have found that you want to make sure that the LEGO box does not move around inside the shipping box ( wrap in bubble wrap) nd as a precaution, I tape the box with tape that says.... "fragile". You can find in most office suppy stores. If you do not use the tape, write Fragile on all sides of the box. This is just my opinion. Also, if I remember correclty, UPS will insure packages with a value under $100.00. If the value is over $100.00, there is an upcharge for the insurance. I hope this helps.

For key chains, I usually use a little pocket of bubble wrap, put it in a yellow shipping envelope, the tape it all around. I believe that the Lego pieces themselves are very durable, but the boxes and instructions are your main concern. Since the key chains have neither, I use the bubble wrap and envelope. For large sets, make sure that you have a GOOD/WELL fitting box. Not so close that the Lego box can tough both parallel sides of a box, but maybe have 2-3 inches on the top and side in order to put some bubble wrapping or packing peanuts, etc. in there to brace it from impact. The reason why I say that it should not touch the 2 opposite sides is because if they do, the box is LIKELY too small, and will make the box be dented or creased somewhere in between your hands and the buyer's.

I don't know about the small items but any set that's in a box should be shipped in a larger outer box. The outer box needs to be large enough to allow packing all around and especially at the corners. I have purchased several Lego sets on EBay and of ones received damaged 90% were damaged on the corners due to Lego box fitting too tight to the outer box and when box is dropped and hits on corner the Lego box gets damaged most every time. This is especially true for larger sets they weigh more and hit hard when dropped. Also, because Lego boxes are mostly oversized in the first place and the bricks slide around inside of their box even tends to make it worse with the weight shifting around inside of the Lego box.