Lego business order form

StarPod

I really don't know what LEGO's rules are for becoming . I have read that you need to start with an initial purchase of $10k or more and then have steady flow of purchases from them. They are looking to do steady business. You may want to reach out to the guys here: http://bricksandminifigs.com/ They can possibly get you into a LEGO business or in touch one others as well.

To set up an Account with Lego to buy Wholesale you need a Retail sales number that cost about $150, but the bad news is Lego just started with a new Policy that you have to buy 75 percent of there Lego Themes, Before you could order anything, Like 10 cases of the POTC Black Pearls, and 5 cases of Jabba's Palace Etc, so to get started its about $8,000 to $10,000 This really knocked a lot of people who had accounts with Lego to Drop there accounts. The $8,0000 is bad enough but who wants to have to buy the Cheap $20 sets.

I have the disposable income to do that. Not the franchise as I want to keep business online and not in a physical setting If you had the means of doing it through Lego would you? How much do you buy them at wholesale for? And the 75% of the themes is fine because everyone has some love for everything even if its Atlantis

I just read somewhere, I now I cant remember where it was, that LEGO is only wholesale selling to B&M (brick and mortar) retail and is getting rid of accounts that only sell online. I may be mistaken but you may want to google such terms as: LEGO distibutor and LEGO wholesale accounts. Also, from what I understand its only a 30% off of retail discount (which can easily be obtained from Walmart, Amazon, Target, and K-Mart sales if you are patient) plus the cost of actual shipping. Emazers can elaborate more on this I believe. Hope this helps.

I have the disposable income to do that. Not the franchise as I want to keep business online and not in a physical setting

If you had the means of doing it through Lego would you? How much do you buy them at wholesale for? And the 75% of the themes is fine because everyone has some love for everything even if its Atlantis

I have looked into doing it & there are many roadblocks/restrictions set up that make it not worthwhile. You can call Lego & they can give you the b2b phone #. As frustrating as the restrictions are, we can also thank them for helping Lego keep its value.

I opened my account with Lego in 2004, so they told me I needed a Retail Tax License, so I had to go get one, which like I said cost $150 and it was good for 5 years, then after that it cost $50 to renew it. So I called Lego back, this is not the Lego you call when you are order something, It was a number that you call to buy Wholesale, so I give the person my Tax number and order away, So buying 25 cases of Jabba's Sail Barges, the early Falcons all the early stuff was easy and cheap, and I always bought the big stuff it was great, now a few people I knew got the complete sets of a theme, but I told them not to as the Cheaper sets will not make you any money, as your discount is only a couple of dollars and selling the stuff on ebay you will loose money which they did, so finally they wised up and just got the big sets, Back in 2006 I ordered the 6210 Jabba Sail Barges I ordered 25 cases, 3 to a case, 25 cases of the 6211 Star Destroyer, The Big Batman sets etc, after 2 years they were going for big bucks. But with there new policy if I ordered say all the Lone Ranger sets, all the Cheap Star wars stuff, in the long run I will loose money with all the Ebay and Paypal fees. So when I called to try and order they told me the bad news about there new Policy, and the Rep told me about 50 percent of people who just ordered stuff like me dropped there accounts, and I am sure its higher now. And the wholesale savings say on the $119.99 sets is about $20, and say with the Falcon 7965 it was about $30 but shipping cut that down as They Charged $10 a case to ship, years ago they split the shipping with you. So to have to buy 75 percent of there themes with all the cheap sets that are with that theme, would be a bad move. I will just stick with Amazon, Etc. And with the Lego Wholesale Account you could not buy the Hard to Find Sets, like the Imperial Shuttle, Potter 10217 Alley, London Bridge all the real good stuff, They were only for the Toys r us, Target, Walmart's. Amazon and a few others. With the Toys R Us sale this week I was able to get 24 of the Monsters Vampire Castle for $86 a piece which is OK, if I could still order from Lego it would be about $80 a piece, so its still pretty good, and the LOTR Helm's Deep came to $111.00 a piece, from Lego $100.00 a piece got a hand full of them, and these will be big buck sets. And I got 10 of the 3185 Friends Summer Riding Camps, $86 a piece as this is only a Lego and Toys R Us Exclusive, Toys R US wants $119.99 and Lego $99.99

I opened my account with Lego in 2004, so they told me I needed a Retail Tax License, so I had to go get one, which like I said cost $150 and it was good for 5 years, then after that it cost $50 to renew it. So I called Lego back, this is not the Lego you call when you are order something, It was a number that you call to buy Wholesale, so I give the person my Tax number and order away, So buying 25 cases of Jabba's Sail Barges, the early Falcons all the early stuff was easy and cheap, and I always bought the big stuff it was great, now a few people I knew got the complete sets of a theme, but I told them not to as the Cheaper sets will not make you any money, as your discount is only a couple of dollars and selling the stuff on ebay you will loose money which they did, so finally they wised up and just got the big sets, Back in 2006 I ordered the 6210 Jabba Sail Barges I ordered 25 cases, 3 to a case, 25 cases of the 6211 Star Destroyer, The Big Batman sets etc, after 2 years they were going for big bucks. But with there new policy if I ordered say all the Lone Ranger sets, all the Cheap Star wars stuff, in the long run I will loose money with all the Ebay and Paypal fees. So when I called to try and order they told me the bad news about there new Policy, and the Rep told me about 50 percent of people who just ordered stuff like me dropped there accounts, and I am sure its higher now. And the wholesale savings say on the $119.99 sets is about $20, and say with the Falcon 7965 it was about $30 but shipping cut that down as They Charged $10 a case to ship, years ago they split the shipping with you. So to have to buy 75 percent of there themes with all the cheap sets that are with that theme, would be a bad move. I will just stick with Amazon, Etc. And with the Lego Wholesale Account you could not buy the Hard to Find Sets, like the Imperial Shuttle, Potter 10217 Alley, London Bridge all the real good stuff, They were only for the Toys r us, Target, Walmart's. Amazon and a few others. With the Toys R Us sale this week I was able to get 24 of the Monsters Vampire Castle for $86 a piece which is OK, if I could still order from Lego it would be about $80 a piece, so its still pretty good, and the LOTR Helm's Deep came to $111.00 a piece, from Lego $100.00 a piece got a hand full of them, and these will be big buck sets. And I got 10 of the 3185 Friends Summer Riding Camps, $86 a piece as this is only a Lego and Toys R Us Exclusive, Toys R US wants $119.99 and Lego $99.99

Great post emazers. I appreciate you taking the time to help people understand how it works. Its amazing how business models change.

Great post emazers. I appreciate you taking the time to help people understand how it works. Its amazing how business models

change.

Yea thank you for informing me how this works. So basically it's only worth it if you have a store front as opposed to an online business. When you buy wholesale are you taxed off what you buy? Or only with profits you net from resale?