WORK IN PROGRESS- YOUR LEGO ROOM

Being an avid collector and investor, I am currently putting together my Lego room. Right now its just a pretty large closet with a few Lego posters and a bookshelf with my favorite built sets and my large collection of polybags and my Legoland coffee cup and my Bricktober Duplo bricks. I plan on adding a few Modulars and a desk later this year. Tell me about your own Lego rooms or your plans for having one!

I (my kids) have a Lego room in our basement. Just before the holiday season, I started adding built-in bookshelves in the room as some of the mismatched portable storage system from IKEA, Target, etc was looking really bad and disorganized. Poured a couple hundred bucks (4X8 plywood can be expensive) and lots of time into the project, but hopefully it will add value to our home when that day comes. I mean, who doesn't like built-in book shelves and storage, right?

I do not have much room in my condo for Lego. I keep most of my collection at my parents house which is only 10-15min drive away. 4 rooms in their house have Lego in it, my old bedroom, my sisters old bedroom, and then 2 other smaller rooms. 1 room is dedicated to my city/train layout, the other 3 are storage, etc. Thankfully my parents are understanding and don't mind. My father actually is into Lego train layouts so it works well having mine there. Ideally I would be able to keep it all in one room in one location, but unfortunately I do not have a room big enough at either local to do so. When I am done with studies and probably move again I plan to get my collection organized much better than it is right now. I envy those of you that have a huge basement or garage dedicated to solely LEGO!!

I have a LEGO cupboard, good enough ;)? Seriously though, I've been investing in LEGO for a few months now, built a few sets here and there but every time I get a package at home, the missus knows it's LEGO in there and she doesn't look all too happy about it. Thank god sometimes I get home earlier and can stash a box away before she sees it loll. I think she doesn't get why I spend money on toys and doesn't know that I plan on making money on it too. Thing is, I can imagine the discussion: Me: but I'm buying to sell them back later, LEGO investing is a real thing! Her: yeah right. Me: ... So a LEGO room? Will never happen unless I win the lottery! Oh well, I envy all of you who can make yourselves a LEGO room, enjoy it!!