2856197 - Shadow ARF Trooper

nolanfan34

Shadow ARF Trooper - Sell or Hold?

I'm sure many of you have a couple of these, were a free minifig from LEGO Shop at Home a year or two ago. Going in the neighborhood of $25-$30 right now. Do these have the potential to keep going up similar to some of the other limited Star Wars minifigs? The coolest part about it is essentially the figure design, being an all-black trooper. But that is something they could easily include in a future set. How much more could this go up?

Also, look at the shirtless Darth Maul. It was very limited and all of a sudden it was everywhere and the price tanked. I believe this one has peaked also - but that is just my opinion.

The Darth Maul one was a very odd exception. It initially had a very limited release (& sold for way too much), then we got flooded by a ton from overseas, where people were just selling them by the case. It should have started out at the typical 25 or so, & gone up from there. It has been performing much better & I would expect it will continue to go up. The new Maul coming this year isn't the same minifig & the face of the new one just seems to look odd.

As far as the Shadow ARF Trooper - History seems to show that 50 is likely in time & that the ultimate upside is unknown. I wouldn't expect this to perform as well as the chrome ones will, but I think it will do fine.

$25 or $30 is about the most I will pay for any minifig, and I am a pretty serious collector. But as a serious collector, I also don't wait around for them to get rare before buying them. Once the majority are in the hands of collectors, the asking price will go up -- just depends on how long you want to wait. They take up no space practically so no big rush to cash out I would think. I got a bunch of chrome Vaders awhile back I'm sitting on. Don't really care how high they go because I wouldn't mind keeping them, I think they're one of the coolest special figures made to date.