Harrison Ford cast in new Star Wars Movie

Jimmyh70

I think this is great for the prospects of the next trilogy. They need a lot of the original cast in at least Episode 7 to tie into the original trilogy. Yes, they will be older, but everyone has to assume that if these cast members are a part of Episode 7, they are doing so in a capacity to bring along the next generation, supposedly Han/Leia's children and Luke/???'s children and let them defend the galaxy against the next Imperial forces or whoever the bad guys are 30 years down the road. With the technology they have now, they can even make the characters look younger through visual effects. Look at what they did with Jeff Bridges in the Tron remake.

I think this is great for the prospects of the next trilogy. They need a lot of the original cast in at least Episode 7 to tie into the original trilogy. Yes, they will be older, but everyone has to assume that if these cast members are a part of Episode 7, they are doing so in a capacity to bring along the next generation, supposedly Han/Leia's children and Luke/???'s children and let them defend the galaxy against the next Imperial forces or whoever the bad guys are 30 years down the road.

With the technology they have now, they can even make the characters look younger through visual effects. Look at what they did with Jeff Bridges in the Tron remake.

I don't know if you've read the books, but the origional heroes don't exactly pass on their roles to their children. Anakin gets killed at 16 in a war, Jacen becomes a sith and gets killed by his Jaina, and then her and Ben Skywalker are the only ones left. Han, Luke and Leia basicaly keep fighting when they should be in wheelchairs at the nursinghome.

I don't know if you've read the books, but the origional heroes don't exactly pass on their roles to their children. Anakin gets killed at 16 in a war, Jacen becomes a sith and gets killed by his Jaina, and then her and Ben Skywalker are the only ones left. Han, Luke and Leia basicaly keep fighting when they should be in wheelchairs at the nursinghome.

I don't know if I would necessarily assume that they will be following off of the books, I think that would crush the surprise aspect of many of the fans because they would simply be able to read the books beforehand. You watch movies based on books, and they never live up to expectations and always tend to leave something out (Harry Potter, even a great movie series like this is nowhere near as good as the books). I expect them to go in a new direction with the new movies.

Also, Tron is an amazing movie, for anyone who hasn't seen it, it is beautifully done. It was actually one of the movies I wished Disney would have teamed up with Lego on.

The short answer is no, I have never read a single Star Wars book, or have any knowledge about any arcs there are out there. I don't even follow Clone Wars on TV or ever watched the Clone Wars animated movie that came out a while back. I'm not a Star Wars junkie by any means, but I loved the OT when I was a kid. The creators of the next trilogy have said this will be a new story, flat out. They were not going to make a movie version of anything that has been previously written. That said, they are obviously looking to continue from RotJ to some extent if Han is going to be in the movie. It was just my guess that Episode 7 would have Luke and Leia teaching their kids the ways of the force, but it could be way different.

I want to see all the old characters and ships again. There are plenty of ways to blend in new blood and vehicles and also honoring the old at the same time. I don't expect anything less. Abrams did an excellent job honoring the old STAR TREK show and characters and I suspect he will do the same here. Fast forward....Can you imagine what the audience will do in a movie theater when and if they see Han Solo with the Millennium Falcon in the background? I would say people will be rather excited to say the least!

I want to see all the old characters and ships again. There are plenty of ways to blend in new blood and vehicles and also honoring the old at the same time. I don't expect anything less. Abrams did an excellent job honoring the old STAR TREK show and characters and I suspect he will do the same here.

Fast forward....Can you imagine what the audience will do in a movie theater when and if they see Han Solo with the Millennium Falcon in the background? I would say people will be rather excited to say the least!

I understand the sentiment, but sometimes what we "want" or "expect" is not actually "best" for the story. Putting too many cutesy cameos in the new trilogy is what I recall people complaining about in the prequels... That being said, I too expect to see a couple of the key OT figures in the new trilogy, in some sort of background character roles.

As far as the 10179, Lego made such a big deal about the limited nature of it, with the numbering and certificate for the set and all, I highly doubt they would go down that road to rehash the 10179. Just from a business standpoint, I think there would be too much backlash from collectors, who are ostensibly the main target consumer of that type of set.

• 2 months later...