Part 3189 in blue with horse shoe stickers

NLego

Question

13 answers to this question

Great investigation. I appreciate it ? ?the tip for the ideas book did it. It is the LEGO Idea Book 250 Sticker Sheet. I peeled part of the the sticker, it was transparent after all

Edited by NLego
Additional information

Just now, keymomachine said:

This is a deep pull, but I recognize those stickers from my youth early 90s, like they came from a special sheet of extras that you could use as you saw fit. No idea where it came from, probably a Lego Ideas book we got or something.

LOL, no, I must be mistaken. https://www.ebay.com/i/192773112701?chn=ps We had this 1990 Ideas book and it's not one of those stickers. In fact my brother found them last year and added some to a nice food truck MOC he made.

Definitely early 90's. I don't know where the piece came from as I have 3 older sisters who also played with Lego, but I remember playing with my loose bricks and that sticker was slapped on what I think was either a white 1x3 (most likely) or 1x4 stacked 3 pieces high to make a little sign. The sticker may have been either clear or with a white background.

1 hour ago, capsa77 said:

Definitely early 90's. I don't know where the piece came from as I have 3 older sisters who also played with Lego, but I remember playing with my loose bricks and that sticker was slapped on what I think was either a white 1x3 (most likely) or 1x4 stacked 3 pieces high to make a little sign. The sticker may have been either clear or with a white background.

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=BA06pb02#T=C&C=1

Here is yours.  It's the same sticker, it's just transparent as is the one that shows up on a door like the one above.  I wonder if there was a design change in the sticker or something?  The sticker design in the same in a few stickers on BL, just that none of them are blue, which is why I think it is from some sort of sticker book from the same time period.  That, or they changed the sticker from being trans on a blue piece to simply a blue sticker, but not sure I've seen any other instances of that happening.  

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Huskers1236 said:

Here is yours.  It's the same sticker, it's just transparent as is the one that shows up on a door like the one above.  I wonder if there was a design change in the sticker or something?  The sticker design in the same in a few stickers on BL, just that none of them are blue, which is why I think it is from some sort of sticker book from the same time period.  That, or they changed the sticker from being trans on a blue piece to simply a blue sticker, but not sure I've seen any other instances of that happening.  

Wow, great detective work! I was only one year old when that set was released, lol. I may have to buy this set for my sisters next Christmas as a throwback to their past. Just hope they don't insist on a new one!

59 minutes ago, Huskers1236 said:

I think you are right that it came from some sort of sticker book. It's definitely not that sticker - that one is 3 bricks tall, and the one in the picture is on a 2 brick tall car door. It's closer to the one in 6359 but that was a clear sticker as well. 

2 minutes ago, Pebble&Park said:

I think you are right that it came from some sort of sticker book. It's definitely not that sticker - that one is 3 bricks tall, and the one in the picture is on a 2 brick tall car door. It's closer to the one in 6359 but that was a clear sticker as well. 

Yeah, poorly worded post on my part.  The sticker is the same as the door sticker you had found in a different color(blue vs. trans).   Same design throughout including the stable sign STAMP.