Getting a GC by Paying with a GC is Apparently Possible

mfc90125

14 minutes ago, mfc90125 said:

Like I was saying yesterday in my chat with Target, the key is to get them to pay you the GC with the minimum amount of cost on your end. 

Your question also makes me wonder how much you have to spend in actual RC to qualify for free shipping.

not quite understand your question, below is the shipping policy from Target. seems crystal clear to me. 

Target.com offers the following shipping options, which may vary by item:

Standard Shipping: Standard shipping is typically the default checkout setting. Your item(s) are expected to be delivered within 3–5 business days after the items have been shipped and picked up by the delivery carrier. Spend $35 or more, or place your order using your REDcard and receive free standard shipping.

Your order may ship in multiple packages so we’re able to deliver your order faster. 

Some ship to home orders are eligible to have multiple packages consolidated. This may change your delivery dates. Packages that qualify will be eligible for a $1 off discount off of merchandise subtotal. Merchandise subtotal does not include Gift Cards, eGiftCards, MobileGiftCards, gift wrap, tax or shipping and handling charges. Discount will be displayed and applied at checkout. May not be applied to previous orders. Ineligible carts will not be shown an option to consolidate and will not receive the discount.

2-Day Shipping: Depending on the item origin and shipping destination, 2-day shipping may be available in select areas. Your item(s) are expected to be delivered within 2 business days after the items have been shipped and picked up by the delivery carrier. For eligible items, spend $35 or more, or place your order using your REDcard and receive free 2-day shipping. 

Express Shipping: Your item(s) are expected to be delivered within 1 business day after the items have been shipped and picked up by the delivery carrier. 

Paying with a gift card is treated like cash. It doesn't reduce the merchandise subtotal used to calculate promotions, including free shipping.

Buying a gift card doesn't count towards the merchandise subtotal.

Coupons and promocodes, unlike gift cards, reduce the merchandise subtotal.

YMMV on getting the RedCard discount when trying to combine payment methods.