Jump to content

Speed Champions 2019

Recommended Posts

44 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

Wow, that's sweet!  Blurry or not!

This is essentially just a rehash of the retro green Porsche 911 Turbo from 75888, only now in white.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CosmicSpeed said:

This is essentially just a rehash of the retro green Porsche 911 Turbo from 75888, only now in white.

Is it really white? They should have done it in silver :P

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/10/2019 at 2:57 PM, Val-E said:

Oh come on, like there aren´t more cars they could do?

That was my immediate thought as well.  It looks identical to the green 911 Turbo 3.0 in 75888 in every way, including the stickers... and it's just in white.   Makes me wonder if they had another car in mind and something fell through.  Kind of like the re-release of the Taj Mahal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, MusiKyle said:

Speed Champions.jpg

oooh! "drive in Forza", currently only 3 Speed Champion cars were available...this suggests they will be adding more. The LEGO add-on could start growing and maybe become a stand-alone game w/ an entire LEGO world to crash thru 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

oooh! "drive in Forza", currently only 3 Speed Champion cars were available...this suggests they will be adding more. The LEGO add-on could start growing and maybe become a stand-alone game w/ an entire LEGO world to crash thru 

I saw these at the Columbus Discovery Center a couple weeks ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve noticed around me, the four wide speed champions are getting hard to find in my local Walmarts & Targets. Still in stock at Lego and Amazon. I’m wondering if Lego is all about the 6 wide and the older championships will disappear sooner than later. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jimking23 said:

I’ve noticed around me, the four wide speed champions are getting hard to find in my local Walmarts & Targets. Still in stock at Lego and Amazon. I’m wondering if Lego is all about the 6 wide and the older championships will disappear sooner than later. 

It's definitely a better price point for them but there's normally a lull of inventory at this point of the year anyway.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are the smaller ones still a good investment, or the ones that just retired(75884,75885,75886....) -or just go with the new, larger ones?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, benjamin4172 said:

Are the smaller ones still a good investment, or the ones that just retired(75884,75885,75886....) -or just go with the new, larger ones?

may be just my region, but there were a boatload of the last small ones (Mustang, Scudadera (sp?), etc etc); the only one I would even consider for investment would be the F40. 

I personally like the wider dimension look and the subject matter were all great; but really no clue on how it will do...some purist don't seem to like that the larger scale does not fit Modular building and City scale.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I really have to say Im no purist at all, but happen to build some Speed Champions (new and old ones) with my son..and I find the sizes of the newer ones really awkward, especially when a Minifig stands next to it, looks like a toddler...and of course I wonder why they didn´t change the size of the tires?!

But anyway I think the white Porsche and the F40 are nice builds on their own without the series..at least here in Germany

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the old ones when it comes to shipping. Set and box were under 1lb, making for a cheap first class mail ship. I believe new sets and box will be just over 1lb. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...