Reminder about Comic Con 2013

And you get super exclusive lego minifigs LEGO gives away at those kind of events.

Not unless you're awfully lucky. They typically have a lottery system - you wait in line for 30-60 minutes to draw a slip of paper out of a box. My impression has been that only about 1 in 25 win whatever it is they're giving away. If you're discreet, you can lurk around the exit area and try to buy one from a lucky winner, which is how I got my Batman a few years ago, but you shouldn't go to Comic-Con thinking that you're just going to stroll over to the LEGO booth and pick up a free minifig.

-djm

I have never been to one... Worth going there? What about the WonderCon in Anaheim?

Wonder Con is much smaller and less important :) than SDCC. WC is mostly about autographs(that you have to pay separately for) and comic books, some famous ppl will be there but not many and no lego booth. Usually WC takes place in San Francisco, but this year they had some problems and decided to change the location. I believe next year it will be in SF again, so if you leave around LA this year is your chance to attend.

If you have a chance to visit SDCC - you have to do it, its crazy amazing :)