60204 - City Hospital

Val-E

13 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Jang sure gets through his June 1st reviews quickly! Does anyone know how he can afford all these sets? Can´t just be Youtube revenue. And the time to build them and make the reviews?

Pretty sure he's a full-time YT-er, and with 1M subscribers on his LEGO channel alone (he has several other channels) and content published on an almost daily basis he ranks quite high in the top Youtubers list. Plus, since he buys these sets for review, he just deducts them as pre-tax business expense. And he donates some of them as well, which adds further deductions. I think he makes a pretty penny doing this.

• Like 1

Jang can be annoyingly nit-picky at times.  His Pirate roller coaster review came across this way.  For example criticizing the alternate builds for having too many pieces left over seemed odd.  This is pretty standard with most Creator 3 in 1 sets.   At one point he said something about the set having too much detail which is weird.  During his latest Lego store haul video he spent too much time complaining that he wasn't able to purchase sets that are currently available in other parts of the world (Boo-hoo, first world problem there).   At the end of his Assembly Square review he started ranting about bag numbering.  Having built that set I don't know what he's talking about except that he just wanted to finish the build faster so he could get his review up. 

I wish there were a few more professional video reviewers as I find him and Brickshow (do they even do reviews anymore?) to be kind of annoying.

Edited by Mathew

21 hours ago, Mathew said:

I wish there were a few more professional video reviewers as I find him and Brickshow (do they even do reviews anymore?) to be kind of annoying.

I have been done with the Brickshow for awhile now....very sad to say this because I used to enjoy their videos with my kids. My boys even got their pics with the 2 brothers a couple years back at a Lego show. They were excited to see someone they watch on the TV. But they don't even ask to watch the channel anymore. They have moved on.

Since we were talking Jang here recently, the countdown is on:

1041829675_Screenshotfrom2018-06-0908-51-34.png.798a49ec384282b26252fe9900f6bc00.png

Curious to see if he will do something special for this upcoming milestone ..... He was at 998,200 yesterday, so at this rate tomorrow he will have 1M subscribers. Go Jang!

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Phil B said:

Since we were talking Jang here recently, the countdown is on:

1041829675_Screenshotfrom2018-06-0908-51-34.png.798a49ec384282b26252fe9900f6bc00.png

Curious to see if he will do something special for this upcoming milestone ..... He was at 998,200 yesterday, so at this rate tomorrow he will have 1M subscribers. Go Jang!

Screenshot from 2018-06-10 08-25-16.png

• Like 1