Sell individually or as a lot?

LegoInvestments

Question

Hi all, I joined this site in 2013 but have not logged in for many moons. I have a substantial collection of Lego City items from approximately 2006-2009... The flagship sets I have are 7945 Fire Station, 7744 Police Headquarters, 7993 Service Station, along with various supplementary sets. They are in good condition but used. I played with these toys as a kid, they didn't just sit on a shelf. It's time to clear out some of this stuff, I am planning to sell them on eBay. What I am wondering is, should I sell everything individually or as a lot? Appreciate any advice...

8 answers to this question

It’s about 3% each for BL and PayPal, but BL is only on the sale price, PP is on sale and shipping. My first lot purchase was about 30 Ninjago and City sets from about 2007-2011. Sold every set, total of about $800-$900. Sold the first half within 6 months and all but one, Garmadon’s Fortress, in another 6-8. The Fortress sold a couple months ago, about 2 years total. Initial buy-in was $200 and since I was new and didn’t have any spare parts or figs and didn’t know what I was doing, I spent another $200 on replacement parts and figs. 

In hindsight I probably could have gotten that information myself easily with Google. ?

Ah well, thanks everyone. Everything is presently in ziplock bags in my closet, so I'll probably dig it all out sometime this summer and try to determine completeness. I also have a newer City Hospital 4429, brand new in box that I bought specifically to resell later (the reason I joined this site). Might be time to unload that too...