Star Wars Resistance on Disney XD - coming Fall 2018

exciter1

The series was created by renowned Lucasfilm Animation veteran Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels); executive-produced by Athena Portillo (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels), Justin Ridge (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) and Brandon Auman (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles); and art-directed by Amy Beth Christenson (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels).

SOLD !!! :drool:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

Filoni sells me on it immediately.

Now we need details.  When is this set?  Are we going to see a pick up of the threads from the end of Rebels?

With a name like "RESISTANCE", and the fact that BB-8 is in the image, leads one to believe it is set during, or shortly before, the current trilogy.

• Sad 1

Yes, it sounds as if it be after Clone/Rebels, but before Force Awakens - which means that they can revisit familiar characters (which always seems to work well).

It sounds as if Disney will (once again) try to baby it down at the beginning - But as the Clone Wars/Rebels examples have shown us, it should (hopefully) get darker (more mature) as it progresses.

1 hour ago, Goofball814 said:

With a name like "RESISTANCE", and the fact that BB-8 is in the image, leads one to believe it is set during, or shortly before, the current trilogy.

On reddit there were people saying that Isaacs and Christie were both on board and that the series dealt with the formation of the Resistance and the First Order. I don't know their sources.

27 minutes ago, Poison Girl said:

More Star Wars is always good as far as I'm concerned ?

Somehow, I began to think I was the only one who felt like that. Star Wars threads have been so negative for so long.

• Like 1

Just now, thoroakenfelder said:

On reddit there were people saying that Isaacs and Christie were both on board and that the series dealt with the formation of the Resistance and the First Order. I don't know their sources.

It says it in the article above.

" Featuring the high-flying adventure that audiences of all ages have come to expect from Star Wars, Star Wars Resistance — set in the time prior to Star Wars: The Force Awakens — will feature the beloved droid BB-8 alongside ace pilots, colorful new characters and appearances by fan favorites including Poe Dameron and Captain Phasma, voiced by actors Oscar Isaac and Gwendoline Christie, respectively. "

Just now, exciter1 said:

It says it in the article above.

" Featuring the high-flying adventure that audiences of all ages have come to expect from Star Wars, Star Wars Resistance — set in the time prior to Star Wars: The Force Awakens — will feature the beloved droid BB-8 alongside ace pilots, colorful new characters and appearances by fan favorites including Poe Dameron and Captain Phasma, voiced by actors Oscar Isaac and Gwendoline Christie, respectively. "

Ah, see, I'm at work and they blocked the site, so I was going aff what people were saying without being able to read the original. thanks for adding the text.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, thoroakenfelder said:

Somehow, I began to think I was the only one who felt like that. Star Wars threads have been so negative for so long.

+1 for your last statement and to the comment by @Poison Girl . My whole family is really enjoying the "fleshing out" of the Star Wars universe that's happening right now. I always have been, and probably always will favor the OT since it's what I grew up with. Some may see all of this new material as watering down the original story, but I think that it gives much of the OT new life and excitement. Yes, some of the new stuff is pretty campy, but really the whole idea of Star Wars isn't meant to be realistic (within the confines of our understanding of the universe). It's supposed to be fun and entertaining. I think this new series has potential.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fuzzy_bricks said:

This sounds interesting, but it may suffer from one of my biggest issues with The Clone Wars, the difference between characters. Anakin was much more likable in The Clone Wars than he was in the movies, almost felt like a whole different character.

Reading the article, It looks like the focus will be on the new characters with guest appearances by Poe & Phasma.

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎2018‎/‎04‎/‎26 at 7:45 PM, fuzzy_bricks said:

This sounds interesting, but it may suffer from one of my biggest issues with The Clone Wars, the difference between characters. Anakin was much more likable in The Clone Wars than he was in the movies, almost felt like a whole different character.

I think the movies did a good job balancing Anakin out. He was all good in Phantom Menace though you could see how his mom attachment would lead to problems later. In the second one he was torn between two directions and while the romance seemed forced/creepy, it did seem like something you'd get from a late teenager. Even on the third one he was showing significant signs of maturity such as counseling patience in the opening battle, disobeying Palpatine to rescue Obi-wan, and even having a heart to heart with Obi-wan before they split up for the last time as friends. The prequels are trying to show a narrative of descent into darkness with only 6 hours to play with and you can only show him as a good guy so much before you don't buy the descent. Filoni meanwhile had like 100 hours to show Anakin and never had to get him across the dark side finishing line.

On 4/26/2018 at 3:07 PM, Goofball814 said:

They said that in the press release.  It's set "just before The Force Awakens".  With the people they have involved I'm intrigued, but the timeline makes less interested.  I suppose they're going to use this for background stories on Snoke, Phasma, etc...