Lego Creator Turbo Track Racer 31070 packaging

gushi_ara

Question

17 answers to this question

Guest TabbyBoy

LEGO's quality control takes yet another hit. No wonder the knock-offs are gaining ground. I suggest those that have "box 2" return them asap. If the retailer doesn't accept then return to LEGO themselves. They really need to get their crumbling company in order. If we do nothing, LEGO does nothing. I was thinking of ordering a couple and I'll not bother now.

16 hours ago, gushi_ara said:

Hi all,

I’ve noticed there’re 2 types of packaging for the set. Based on reviews on Amazon, one of them has missing pieces.

which one is the one that comes with the correct manual and has all pieces? Set 1 or 2?

Thank you!

Ok, checked it out and there seems to have been a production change just after release. The early sets are the ones missing the 1x4 tile and it seems the manual was changed but they forgot to change the parts included in the set.

Newer sets should have the tile on the front box art, manual and the correct parts supplied and it seems that after December this will be the case. If you have pre December codes, it´s worth contacting SAH CS to request the parts or there will be problems down the line if a buyer has issues.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

Yeah! The market is shrinking right before our eyes.

It has a rotten sales rank and you can be sure that little Timmy will be so disappointed to find he has 6 missing parts that the Amazon chargebacks will be incoming faster than you can say SNAD.

• Like 1

Ha I wager little Timmy has no clue.  Or Timmy's rich parents or grandparents that just want the blue race car to keep Timmy satisfied by clicking the buy box at the first seller they see. 

Thank God I built the forklift instead or I might be devastated.

Edited by ravenb99
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, ravenb99 said:

Ha I wager little Timmy has no clue.  Or Timmy's rich parents or grandparents that just want the blue race car to keep Timmy satisfied by clicking the buy box at the first seller they see. 

Thank God I built the forklift instead or I might be devastated.

Have you read the Amazon reviews? There are more disappointed little Timmy´s than dollars profit on this set.

I took one for the team and can confirm 137s7 seals have old manual and old design so no worries there. Anyone with sets made after that and before December may want to check it out in more detail with SAH CS.

Edited by Val-E

Guest TabbyBoy

Are people seriously considering investing in these? 31006 didn't exactly set the World on fire and RRP is barely recovered after fees.

Thank you all for your replies! 

I’ve just checked the two sets I have. 

Box 1: seal codes on the box that doesn’t have the tiles are 03R8

Box 2: seal codes on the box art that has the tiles are 21R7

That means box 1 was released later and is the one that comes with correct manual and all pieces right?