Name this part...

FM

Question

11 answers to this question

Guest betsy805
3 minutes ago, FM said:

Any ideas on a part name/number?  I have a few of these and want to incorporate it into an MOC.  Thanks!

3L PIN.jpg

HA, my kids literally brought that SAME part in that SAME color to me today and asked how valuable it is.  Sorry, I don't have your answer.....but I have two other curious humans that want to know :) 

6 hours ago, Huskers1236 said:

Is that old dark grey?  I didn't find that part in that color on Bricklink.  

It's either light grey or light bluish grey.  The color is right in between the two.  Did you find the part in another color on Bricklink?  I've searched Bricklink, Stud.io, brickowl, peeron and brickset with nothing turning up.  It really looks and feels like Lego and it clips together to other pieces like Lego.  And I have 2 of them.

40 minutes ago, FM said:

It's either light grey or light bluish grey.  The color is right in between the two.  Did you find the part in another color on Bricklink?  I've searched Bricklink, Stud.io, brickowl, peeron and brickset with nothing turning up.  It really looks and feels like Lego and it clips together to other pieces like Lego.  And I have 2 of them.

I searched for longer than I'd like to admit looking for this piece, and I can't find it. Is there a Lego imprint anywhere on the piece?

46 minutes ago, MarleyMoose said:

LEGO stamped on top it? If not I'd say it's not Lego.

Maybe I'm just trying to convince myself :) but... "LEGO" is not in the mold but there's no flat area to put it.  The numbers are on the only flat surfaces available.  The font looks like Lego.  And the surface feel of the part feels like Lego.  And from the base to the tip its exactly 3L.

1 hour ago, Huskers1236 said:

I don't think that's the right font for part number stamps on a piece.  They have a bit of italicization(is that a word?)  to them.  

Haha, sorry no that's not a word. "The font is italicized" isn't even correct since italics is not a verb, it is a noun. "The font is in italics." :)

I was curious and did some searching, I'm not sure it's LEGO either. I thought maybe it was a pin like the train track pins for the RC tracks (something you'd normally gasp'throw away) but I see nothing even close to it. I've never seen it before.

1 hour ago, gregpj said:

Haha, sorry no that's not a word. "The font is italicized" isn't even correct since italics is not a verb, it is a noun. "The font is in italics." :)

I was curious and did some searching, I'm not sure it's LEGO either. I thought maybe it was a pin like the train track pins for the RC tracks (something you'd normally gasp'throw away) but I see nothing even close to it. I've never seen it before.

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeoooooooooooooo weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeoooooooooooooooo GRAMMAR POLICE! GRAMMAR POLICE!

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/italicized

9 hours ago, Pebble&Park said:

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeoooooooooooooo weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeoooooooooooooooo GRAMMAR POLICE! GRAMMAR POLICE!

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/italicized

Haha, it's ok.  I was pretty sure I was typing out of my ass on that one.  

As for the color that was mentioned. I know Mega Bloks has a grey color that falls in between old and new light grey as I've thrown many of them away.  I'm very much in the camp right now that it's not Lego.