Lego Lots: Cleaning used STICKER pieces advice / tips

So I have plenty of experience cleaning used lego by now and have my process down pretty well, but I was curious if anyone who buys large lots of used lego has any good tips for cleaning pieces with applied stickers to them??

I would think you cannot soak them like you can with regular bricks, and I know some people use the washing machine method and I would assume you definitely cannot do that with sticker pieces either. 

All I could think of is a wet paper towel and wipe them? or even a little alcohol on a paper towel and a quick wipe down?

Curious to hear if anyone has figured out a good system for this! Thanks! ?

I just use a damp cloth to get any dust or obvious dirt off. Definitely cant soak em......... Had a few sneak by in bulk batch and the stickers do not hold up. You could run em under water quickly and then dry em off immediately. This is definitely ok if the sticker appears in good shape and adhered along all edges.

• Like 1

So far every stickered piece has come through my ultrasonic cleaner just fine....so i just clean them with the normal lego. Use a salad spinner to get the excess water off and then lay them out in a food dehydrator to dry the rest of the way. Just make sure its able to set a temp below 104 f. I set mine to 95 f and leave for a couple hours....then they are zip locked with silicon desiccant for a week to make sure no mosture is locked in the crevices.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

So I have plenty of experience cleaning used lego by now and have my process down pretty well, but I was curious if anyone who buys large lots of used lego has any good tips for cleaning pieces with applied stickers to them??
I would think you cannot soak them like you can with regular bricks, and I know some people use the washing machine method and I would assume you definitely cannot do that with sticker pieces either. 
All I could think of is a wet paper towel and wipe them? or even a little alcohol on a paper towel and a quick wipe down?

Curious to hear if anyone has figured out a good system for this! Thanks! 

Visine eye drops or a knock off brand. A few drops of it let it sit for a few seconds. And it'll make taking sticky stuff off incredibly easy. Do not use nail polish remover. I made that mistake once.

Sent from my LGLS676 using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

5 hours ago, eddie412 said:

Visine eye drops or a knock off brand. A few drops of it let it sit for a few seconds. And it'll make taking sticky stuff off incredibly easy. Do not use nail polish remover. I made that mistake once.

Sent from my LGLS676 using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

I actually meant cleaning the sticker piece WITHOUT removing the sticker but still slightly disinfecting / cleaning the piece.

But thanks, thats an interesting tip with the visine! Had no idea :)

• Like 1