Do speed champion wheels fit under city wheel arches?

LAKster

Question

Hey guys,

I've gotten in to designing and building MOC's only recently and have been loving the speed champions series so I wanted to make something in the same sort of style. However for the car I am currently designing to work I need to use piece 50745 (the lego city type of wheel arches) for some colouring detail. Now in LDD (Lego Digital Designer) they allow me to use the speed champions style of wheels (part: 18976 with rubber part: 18977) underneath these, however I can see a little bit of clipping. This might just be due to it being low poly models (low detail).

Now I was wondering if someone could test in real life wether or not these wheels would fit or if they wouldn't? I can just swap out the wheels, but I'd prefer ordering only one set of wheels once I start ordering the parts to build my little car.

Thanks guys!

5 answers to this question

9 hours ago, gregpj said:

They do not fit under the standard city wheel mudguard arches. The speed champ ones are wider.

Hmm, interesting. I have some of both but I always assumed they were the same part. One thing that is frustrating is that the scale between City and Speed Champions is off. Speed Champion cars will not fit on City carriers like 60060. Most City cars (minus a few in the modulars which I guess are Technic(ally) city)) Speed Champions are 6 studs wide, City are 4.

Hmm, interesting. I have some of both but I always assumed they were the same part. One thing that is frustrating is that the scale between City and Speed Champions is off. Speed Champion cars will not fit on City carriers like 60060. Most City cars (minus a few in the modulars which I guess are Technic(ally) city)) Speed Champions are 6 studs wide, City are 4.

I’m not sure what standard they are, we seem to have a mix of 4 and 6 stud wide with most being 6 stud wide. I just know they aren’t the same mudguard arches. :)

Image1518209456.524689.jpg