modular buildings and ucs

trenty1990

15 minutes ago, trenty1990 said:

Hi just wondering people's opinions on modular buildings and ucs sets being as solid an investment as they were 4/5 years ago as some don't seem to be doing aswell after retirement? I.e. Pet shop 

I think it's going to peak and trough. Last year's sets were dire investments on the whole unless you managed to get good discounts that weren't widely available. 

Those performances seem to have scared a few people off with this year's big box retirements, so because of fewer sellers this year's sets "may" perform better.  The problem is, if they do perform everyone will pile back on the bandwagon next year. 

Edited by Fenix_2k1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest TabbyBoy
18 minutes ago, trenty1990 said:

Hi just wondering people's opinions on modular buildings and ucs sets being as solid an investment as they were 4/5 years ago as some don't seem to be doing aswell after retirement? I.e. Pet shop 

Due to the recent disappointing performance and meagre discounts on these in the UK (eg. no more Argos 3-for-2), money is better spent elsewhere. I got burned by the Pet Shop and Red5 X-Wing, never again! It may well change, but too risky for me.

I personally have had much more success buying sets that go at an RRP of around $80-$130 with a nice healthy discount, and flipping them not much above that RRP. Much larger buyer pool of sets for gifts that cost $100-$150 than those that go into (what we hope to be) the $300-$500 range. It means more transactions and more shipping, but I find it makes better money than the gamble that large sets can often turn out to be.