Hi I'm just getting back into collecting again and need advise

trenty1990

I'm sorry, but what sort of question is this? Since you say you are coming back, you must have had some method of determining what to invest in before. Do you really think serious people here are going to pre-chew this info for you so all you need to do is buy? I would suggest you spend some time the next few weeks reading the history in some of the key threads here and then working it out for yourself. I'm afraid this party is no longer accepting new guests without poneying up the membership fee.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Phil B said:

I'm sorry, but what sort of question is this? Since you say you are coming back, you must have had some method of determining what to invest in before. Do you really think serious people here are going to pre-chew this info for you so all you need to do is buy? I would suggest you spend some time the next few weeks reading the history in some of the key threads here and then working it out for yourself. I'm afraid this party is no longer accepting new guests without poneying up the membership fee.

Yep, membership fee will be buying tickets to this years LEGO raffle.  LOL...

• Like 4

6 hours ago, trenty1990 said:

What sets out at under £100 at the moment are worth watching for discounts and buying? 

I find it quite useful to check and read the reviews for individual sets on brickset.com. if its a loser over there than you get more than enough reasons why not to buy that in large.

Edited by crayxlp

Phil in particular has gone out of his way putting together some great entry-level-primer posts. Just look up his history.

But I’m with him 100%. Some of us have spent years sharing our insights & contributing to the community (and buying raffle tickets!). It’s borderline offensive to suggest we should just encapsulate it all in a single on-request reply.
  • Like 6

What sets out at under £100 at the moment are worth watching for discounts and buying? 

Well, since you’re a “collector”, which ever sets float your boat.

If you’re actually a reseller or investor, than I’d say you’re on the right track looking for sets under $100.

If you’re a collector, ask your other collector buddies what they’re buying, than report it back here for us to dissect.