41191 - Naida & The Water Turtle Ambush

brickvoyeur

3 minutes ago, Villager Chris said:

On a serious note, if you look at Amazon seller prices for the whole range, is there such a thing as a bad Elves set? 

Don´t get me started.

Series 1 are pretty sketchy apart from Bakery, Naida´s Spa and the other little set ending in  a 1.

Series 2 we know about  and the Mine and Dragon School are no great shakes

Seeing as people from as far afield as US, Australia and Europe are now all Elves experts, I´d say series 3 won´t do great due to overhoarding.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Don´t get me started.

Series 1 are pretty sketchy apart from Bakery, Naida´s Spa and the other little set ending in  a 1.

Series 2 we know about  and the Mine and Dragon School are no great shakes

Seeing as people from as far afield as US, Australia and Europe are now all Elves experts, I´d say series 3 won´t do great due to overhoarding.

I think the Dragons have been very central to the success. S1 only became popular once people bought into the dragons of Series 2. Series 3 they've tried to sell idea of a goblins theme as the collectible element but they had to include a dragon as a banker. 2018 they've moved onto weird bat creatures and buildable creatures but they still can't drop the dragons. 

I don't think the theme will fall due to hoarding. I personally think it will fail because it's no longer dragon centric. 

Edited by Fenix_2k1
  • Like 1

Not sure it is dragons. Starlight Inn is a brilliant performer (with a baby dragon) but Elvendale School isn't doing so great (also a baby dragon). 

I think it's a simple case of variation in production numbers. With that in mind, early indications are that 41181 will deliver strong % growth, based on fewer sellers on Ebay/Amazon. That said, 300% of £9 in a year's time is not a lot of money so people probably haven't bought it, so the price goes up more. Head spinner I know! 

Edited by Villager Chris

On 29.12.2017 at 3:29 PM, Villager Chris said:

Not sure it is dragons. Starlight Inn is a brilliant performer (with a baby dragon) but Elvendale School isn't doing so great (also a baby dragon).

Don't forget that the baby dragon in 41173 Elvendale School of Dragons was a repeat from 41077 Aira's Pegasus Sleigh (which isn't doing great either). So if demand would primarily originate from the inlusion of baby dragons the repeat would split the demand between two sets.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...