Ideas #020: 21313/92177 - Ship In a Bottle

Alpinemaps

26 minutes ago, Val-E said:

The ship is a POS. Looks like something you would get in a Xmas 24 in 1 or a polybag. Look forward to seeing what Lego tax is applied to us too considering they raised S5 10 euros today already. I guess 85 euros should do it. Actually no lego tax, which is nice. 70 euros.

I put this set in the Maze category -low demand can be equalled by short production life.

Lucky you. No Lego tax for Spain, but €5 Lego tax for The Netherlands ... :(  Dutch price: €74,99...

And Saturn V has been €129,99 from the very beginning in The Netherlands. 

3 minutes ago, Haay said:

Lucky you. No Lego tax for Spain, but €5 Lego tax for The Netherlands ... :(  Dutch price: €74,99...

And Saturn V has been €129,99 from the very beginning in The Netherlands. 

We still have the world record for abuse with 185 euros for Destiny´s Bounty. And they wonder why they don´t sell much Ninjago in Spain.

Just now, Val-E said:

We still have the world record for abuse with 185 euros for Destiny´s Bounty. And they wonder why they don´t sell much Ninjago in Spain.

Well, if you get DB for cheap from Amazon UK it's just that much easier for you to resell them with a profit to your less knowledgeable countrymen. ;) 

8 minutes ago, Haay said:

Well, if you get DB for cheap from Amazon UK it's just that much easier for you to resell them with a profit to your less knowledgeable countrymen. ;) 

Problem is it´s still Ninjago and that theme is only marginally higher up the foodchain than Angry Birds and Lone Ranger here.

Guest TabbyBoy
9 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Problem is it´s still Ninjago and that theme is only marginally higher up the foodchain than Angry Birds and Lone Ranger here.

That DB is an amazing ship unlike that disgusting monstrosity, the Sea Cow. You forgot the mention the worst theme to date... The LEGO Movie ;-)

It's OK to call the DB "Junk" because it is one.

9 minutes ago, Val-E said:

I actually prefer this set to DB - it has CEO desk display potential and a sensible price point - in Europe. Uk price seems high.

Desk display potential is key here. I think the original would just have been too large for what it "is" and Lego probably couldn't meet the price point they wanted. Unfortunate they had to scale it down, but I don't see that if it was any larger that the demand would have been that uch greater for the extra $$ it would cost on both ends.

Edit: I would be interested to see if the mini 6285 from the 60th set fits in this bottle.

Edited by CosmicSpeed
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Val-E said:

I actually prefer this set to DB - it has CEO desk display potential and a sensible price point - in Europe. Uk price seems high.

Brexit tax, get used to it.

P.S Guessing game about the box measurements?

Edited by Shewie

Guest TabbyBoy
37 minutes ago, Shewie said:

Brexit tax, get used to it.

P.S Guessing game about the box measurements?

Hopefully it'll fit within a 45x35x16cm box to post as a small parcel. 

I'll take a stab at 38x26x7cm, same as C7.

£69.99 is a lot, but we'll see it with either a good promo or 3-for-2 soon enough.

8 hours ago, Val-E said:

The ship is a POS. Looks like something you would get in a Xmas 24 in 1 or a polybag. Look forward to seeing what Lego tax is applied to us too considering they raised S5 10 euros today already. I guess 85 euros should do it. Actually no lego tax, which is nice. 70 euros.

I put this set in the Maze category -low demand can be equalled by short production life.

I would venture a guess that you're absolutely wrong about this set.

10 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Yeah, I probably am and it will be another Ecto or Yellow Submarine clogging up people´s lofts for years to come!

Yellow sub can be sold at a profit NOW. Ecto had the special fun of an extra production run and the Amazon listing was jacked for over  month before Christmas

Edited by Migration

Guest TabbyBoy

This set is such a disappointment that it will be produced in limited quantities, will have a short run and reach 2xRRP within a year of EOL, a no-brainer buy.

• Alpinemaps changed the title to Ideas #020: 21313/92177 - Ship In a Bottle