7+ years Lego Collector & Investor

So, I have been collecting and investing in Lego for 7+ years.  I bought the Black Pearl for my son during Black Friday.  Put it in my closet and forgot about it.  Discovered it while looking for something else and decided to take a look at the prices on Ebay.  I don't have anyone to talk to regarding this hobby, so that is why I am here.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dvl0923 said:

I don't have anyone to talk to regarding this hobby, so that is why I am here.

Talk to your friends, some of them will think it is fascinating.  Some of mine think it is hilarious, others think it is dumb, and some are still pissed their parents tossed theirs out.  

It's similar to board game playing.  I just started asking those I knew if they like strategy board games.  Found 3 others and now we have a board game night once a week.  Nothing better than getting out of the house, play some games, drink some beer and relax with no kids around.

• Like 2

Wow you brought back some memories by saying the black pearl brought you into lego.  When my son was younger, he was having issues with attention and following directions.  I did not like the idea of medication and one day I was in walmart and saw a lot of lego black pearl on clearance for $50.  It hit me for some reason that maybe building lego would help train him a little bit to sit still and follow directions so I bought it even though I thought $50 was expensive for a bunch of plastic.  Well, we built it and had a great freaking time doing it so I went back and found a lego queen Ann's revenge for $50 and bought it too.  That started our lego addiction.  A couple years later  I stumbled across the lego black pearl on amazon somehow and almost ruined my pants when I saw how much they were going for and stumbled across this site trying to figure out why lego was worth so much.  And since, this has been my favorite website.

And my son really benefited from lego....or he realized how he easily  could manipulate me easily into buying a ton of sets:)

Also, even though we don't sell.....yet, it hurts like he'll to think of how many black pearls and queen Ann's revenge I passed on.  If I saw them today for $50, I would arm sweep those MFERS!

• Like 2

On 10/14/2017 at 3:40 PM, TabbyBoy said:

Meow and welcome! 7 years? You probably know more thsn most of us on here. I only got started in late 2012 and cooled it this year.

I made a lot of mistakes in the beginning and I have too many sets to show for it.    Never really thought about the issue of space/storage and I was tempted to buy sets that were significantly or heavily discounted but it didn't have anything going for it in terms of increase value after retirement.