A Trip to the Lego Store

Awhile back I wrote a post on Lego trading (with minifigs). Read all of this, because it ties together Lego Trading and Lego Investing. I recently went to a Lego store at my local mall and noticed all the minifigs the shop owner had. Asking him how he got all of them, he responded "Lego Trading". I asked him if he would take some of my figures for anything, and of course he said yes! So the next week I brought some of my mini's.... he gave me two sealed Bionicle sets worth around $50 and a Darth Maul worth around fifteen. The figs I traded to him were a couple of the cheap Captain Jacks, three rock monsters worth around twelve bucks, about 9 of the minifigure series minifigures, and a few customs. Needless to say I was pretty stoked when I walked out of there! Now I try and go there every Thursday. I put this on here to show that Minifig trading has finally collided with Lego Ivesting and it's epic!!! Any thoughts on this, perhaps you'll want to try it at your own local Secondary Lego dealer? I'm also interested in Hearing about everybody else's trips to their Lego Stores.

I don't know anything about minifig trading, however, I have noticed that there are a few sellers on my local Craigslist that purchase brand new sets, carefully remove the minifgs, and relist the set on craigslist (minus minifigs). I don't know what they are doing with them, but perhaps the same thing as you?

The guy at my Lego store will buy a $50 set, build it, sell the figs for $10 apiece, and then he'll sell the actual set for around $30. Believe it or not though, kids still can't see through this, and buy from him.