Virgin No More

justgod

Today, for the first time, I got to see LEGO products at an actual LEGO store! I have always bought at other retailers due to the proximity of the store. The wife agreed to make a road trip with me today. I had no idea that everything was supposed to be that organized and in stock. She pointed out that her favorite set was the VW bus. I told her that if I could ever actually part with the monetary resale side of things, that was the set I wanted to build. SOLD! She is so incredible ( that and she still owed me a birthday present). Manager advised me that they will have the Cinema in store on the 14th for purchase by VIP members. Some other things he mentioned (as if he really knows, lol): FB will be the next modular to go GE will be the second modular to go All Monster Fighters are staying as he just received a new Planogram with them listed I love this store and cannot wait for my first "build" in over two years, LEGO rocks!!

Today, for the first time, I got to see LEGO products at an actual LEGO store! I have always bought at other retailers due to the proximity of the store. The wife agreed to make a road trip with me today. I had no idea that everything was supposed to be that organized and in stock. She pointed out that her favorite set was the VW bus. I told her that if I could ever actually part with the monetary resale side of things, that was the set I wanted to build. SOLD! She is so incredible ( that and she still owed me a birthday present).

Manager advised me that they will have the Cinema in store on the 14th for purchase by VIP members. Some other things he mentioned (as if he really knows, lol):

FB will be the next modular to go

GE will be the second modular to go

All Monster Fighters are staying as he just received a new Planogram with them listed

I love this store and cannot wait for my first "build" in over two years,

LEGO rocks!!

Hmmm. I am not sure about this information, not doubting you justgod, but the store manager.

They never know anything about the discontinuing of their products.

I'll bet that Lego purposely keeps them in the dark about that. Don't want to give it away!

; )

I remember when I was 16, oh wait, we're not talking about that.

Man, I wish I was near a Lego store, I would stop by every now and then just to see stuff in person and stand there in awe.

IKR. The Lego displays in actual Lego stores are so much better! They are implanted into the wall and look super awesome, especially with the lights!

Idea! What do they do with the Legos when they are done displaying? Anyone ever ask about this? It seems to me that the TLG doesn't glue their pieces together, so we could resell them!

Hmmm. I am not sure about this information, not doubting you justgod, but the store manager.

They never know anything about the discontinuing of their products.

I'll bet that Lego purposely keeps them in the dark about that. Don't want to give it away!

; )

I have no doubt that he was merely speculating. When asked about a timeline, he didn't know (of course). He was cool enough to say that I could call anytime and ask what clearance sets they had.

I remember when I was 16, oh wait, we're not talking about that.

Man, I wish I was near a Lego store, I would stop by every now and then just to see stuff in person and stand there in awe.

It wasn't a big store, but I must have walked it at least 5 times. I love all the light up displays as CB said and finally getting to see the Pick-a-Brick wall. Was great to see all the future AFOLs walking around all excited. With all the people that were there during my hour, the one thing I noticed is that I never saw anyone looking at the friends sets, which I thought was weird.

• 2 months later...