10259 - Winter Village Station

Alpinemaps

I think it’ll be interesting what happens with this and the train. You would expect the train to finish next year, but what would become of a winter station with no train? Do they retire them together? 

AoH did not stop them from retiring the at-at. but either way the train should still be available for most of next year if history holds.

8 hours ago, jay4e said:

AoH did not stop them from retiring the at-at. but either way the train should still be available for most of next year if history holds.

True, but AoH, or AT-AT can be played with on their own. What use is a train station without a train. Of course logic doesn’t always play a part in these decisions. 

7 hours ago, Chutchis said:

True, but AoH, or AT-AT can be played with on their own. What use is a train station without a train. Of course logic doesn’t always play a part in these decisions. 

If I had a say, I would  drop the Chirstmas Train, keep the Train station, and release a new advanced model similar to the Emerald Night.  Use the Winter Village theme to jump start a new more generic model, and strengthen the train enthusiast market.  But this is LEGO so who knows what they will end up doing.  

Edited by jay4e

Guest TabbyBoy
41 minutes ago, jay4e said:

If I had a say, I would  drop the Chirstmas Train, keep the Train station, and release a new advanced model similar to the Emerald Night.  Use the Winter Village theme to jump start a new more generic model, and strengthen the train enthusiast market.  But this is LEGO so who knows what they will end up doing.  

I quite like the Xmas train, it's quirky and Xmassy. I agree with you on the Emerald Night as I've always been a huge fan of large steam locomotives (I'm an ex pro trainspotter!) and love to visit the preserved railways of yesteryear in the UK. Since LEGO seem to be clueless these days, we may never see a decent train set again, just boring rehashes of cargo and passenger trains.

4 hours ago, jay4e said:

I was speculating that they could retire both next year, then introduce one new model and resurrect one of the older sets like the post office or bakery. Give the ‘new one’ the normal cycle whilst the ‘ressurected’ set could be introduced with a shorter cycle. Who knows? 

• 1 year later...

Call to check yesterday in Europe, I called and got one unit assigned but I had my card maxed out and had to remove it from the order (left a couple of retiring SW sets insted). Today it moved to sold out and there was no way to get it over the phone. Big mistake, lesson learned.