How not to invest in Lego...

A Silicon Valley executive was charged with four felony counts of second degree burglary after allegedly creating his own barcodes and placing them on Lego toys at Target stores to get major discounts. He sold 2,100 items on Ebay and made $30,000. The Supervising Deputy District Attorney is not sure why Langenbach would go to such great lengths. "It's a bit of a head scratcher, the complexity of the crime and the amount of resources needed to commit the crime leave you scratching your head", she said. "Mr. Langenbach is a VP of a successful company, living in a nice home and making money gainfully and in his free time creating false barcodes and going into Target stores and stealing Legos." If convicted, he could face up to five years in prison. http://news.yahoo.com/software-exec-charged-lego-bar-code-scam-131139992--abc-news-savings-and-investment.html

"I have heard of stuff happening like this before. Pretty crazy, huh? I guess some people just can't resist the brick... or paying full price for it at least."

This was the reply of one of my TFOL friends when I sent him this article. :)

I used to cut open Lego boxes when I was a kid and take out the parts, so I can relate to this guy. lol. Great story.

• 1 month later...