My brother used to deal in Legos for a living on Ebay, but he has passed.  So I thought this would be the best forum to pose the question.  I work in child welfare.  We recently were donated several sets of pristine Legos.  Some that I noticed were significant value.  What would be the best way to find a collector for these items?  I should also add these are for charity and that there are certain things we cannot go about selling them such as Ebay, etc.

Edited by Felix_S

Hi and welcome.

I'm sorry to hear your brother has passed away. There's a good chance he was a user here if he sold Lego on eBay.

What was the intent of the donation? As you work in child welfare, it seems logical to me that the sets would go to the kids. Though if they are very large, you might be better off with more, but smaller sets.

Anyway, if you're looking for a place to sell you can check out Brick Classifieds. There's currently no fees. If it's for charity you could always drop @Jeff Mack a line. He can post a link to your listings to spread the word among our members.

What sets did you receive? I'm assuming something from this list?

If you know the names of the sets list them out and we can give you a better idea of their value or if you can take pictures and post them we can do the same. As far as selling, since you can't do eBay, where are you located? Craigslist is a viable option, but can be entertaining to say the least. Other members have successfully sold large lots on brick classifieds or even through a trade forum. Keep in mind, that if you are trying to sell to someone here expect more of a "wholesale" offer, not the max eBay sale price.