New guy back again

Hi All from Australia,

I joined here a few years back planning to dabble in Lego for collection/investment purposes, but never kicked it off.

The kids and I had a large Nerf collection including quite a few NIB sets, and I started selling them off last week as no one was interested in them any more.

To our surprise some have pulled good gains, even tripling their costs.

The "minister for finance" has approved that 50% of this money can be reinvested into Lego, as we now have some storage space for them and won't be moving for the foreseeable future.

I'd like to dip a toe in the water to the tune of about 1000AUD, and am considering the Star Wars Microfighters, possible a shipping box of each (8 sets per box) and the range of Batman vehicles.

I'm also scouting some Wall E's and Sith Infiltrators that might be at the right price.

I'm pretty good at scouting things and finding them at the right price, but am a little outside my area of expertise here.

While it is for investment purposes, I do enjoy collecting things and the hunt to find them.

Would love to hear from other members....what would you start off with for that sort of money (for investment/resale purposes)?

Please note I asked what "you would do", not what "I should do", so I realize it's on me if I don't make money.

Many thanks in advance for any advice.

You'll find that the majority of the users on this forum are based in USA, so alot of the deals / info won't be relevant to you as your based down under. There's a number of Australian members on here and they have there on thread so definitely have a read of them.

• Like 1

Cheers for that.

I'll still enjoy US opinions, as there are more of you in the game.

I do like the price estimation jigger on Brickpickers, as it gives an AUD estimate as well.

Basically I'll hold for prices that are under the BP estimates, as that will at least keep me out of any deep trouble.

Try not to get too depressed by seeing the buying market be quite strong in the US, and where the re-sellers seem to regularly manage to pick up ridiculous discounts on their initial purchases in various outlets. Compare that with pretty much everywhere else where you rarely get great discounts and the market is becoming more flooded with sellers, plus the re-sale prices don't seem to grow as quickly as in the US. Other than that, have a great time finding this out for yourself ;)

• Like 1