Brick Can - Vancouver, April 22nd and 23rd, 2017.

redghostx

I was working REALLY hard at work, looking up all things Lego, and learned that tickets are now available for purchase from Ticketmaster for the 2017 Vancouver Brick-Can at River Rock.

Tickets are $18 each plus processing and I wanted to give a heads up to the "locals" because tickets quickly sold out last year.

http://www.brickcan.com/event/public-exhibition

On 1/23/2017 at 3:56 PM, KatoSwift said:

I've never been to this event. What can I expect, outside of really awesome MOCs? Is there a market? Vendor's alley? Trading corner? 

You won't miss anything. You are better off going to lego store. These events are meant for kids and families who have nothing to do on weekends to look at some legos and bricks. Complete snooze fest. They also had something similar before at the Science World. Fortunately, there's more to see at Science world than legos or I'd request a refund.

Nothing worth purchasing as a few posters have already noted.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I was a reseller at BrickCan. Had a large booth, but as somebody noted, prices are high...at least for my stuff they are. My Bricklink shop has all the same figures, but at better more competitive prices. I sell BrickArms too, but as I need to convert to CAD and bury the sales tax, the pricing of those is no bargain - except you don't need to pay shipping or wait for your order. My booth fees for a large event like this are astronomical, so pricing gets raised to cover those costs. Plus, the public will pay those prices for figures because they love the convenience - even if that convenience comes at a cost.

I couldn't do events like this without sites like BrickPicker! Lurking here has made restocking my figures pretty economical and I am grateful. <3

8 hours ago, THE BRICK CHICK said:

I was a reseller at BrickCan. Had a large booth, but as somebody noted, prices are high...at least for my stuff they are. My Bricklink shop has all the same figures, but at better more competitive prices. I sell BrickArms too, but as I need to convert to CAD and bury the sales tax, the pricing of those is no bargain - except you don't need to pay shipping or wait for your order. My booth fees for a large event like this are astronomical, so pricing gets raised to cover those costs. Plus, the public will pay those prices for figures because they love the convenience - even if that convenience comes at a cost.

I couldn't do events like this without sites like BrickPicker! Lurking here has made restocking my figures pretty economical and I am grateful. <3

Just curious how much a table costs?

Did you make a lot of minifigure sales? I didn't see that many people making purchases.