Disney 2017

TheOrcKing

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Weird question for any insiders - 41068 was released in Dec of 2015, meanwhile 41067 wasn't released until Aug 2016. I am not sure I've seen to many examples where a set numbered "first" got released AFTER a previous number in the line by 6+ months. Any thoughts on how/why something like that goes down? I assume the plan was to originally release them at the same time?

2 hours ago, Achilles said:

Weird question for any insiders - 41068 was released in Dec of 2015, meanwhile 41067 wasn't released until Aug 2016. I am not sure I've seen to many examples where a set numbered "first" got released AFTER a previous number in the line by 6+ months. Any thoughts on how/why something like that goes down? I assume the plan was to originally release them at the same time?

My theory would be that Disney knew that the live action B&B movie was releasing March of the following year (2017), but the set had already been developed/designed well prior to the intended release. Why not withhold the release of the set until its more relevant in culture while not hogging shelf space. Frozen will continue to remain popular so I imagine they went ahead with that release.

Edited by CosmicSpeed
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Achilles said:

There are other examples of this. Assault on Hoth (75098) was released well after the run of Force Awakens sets (e.g. 75105), due to delays I believe. 

• Like 1