South Korea

SageFly

I'm headed to Seoul and Cheonan this weekend for work and wondered if there are any good places to shop. I'm also willing to bring a few items with me if anyone is interested. It's a bit last minute, but that's what work did to me =/

I'd seen posts a while back that the Korean Lego LEGO Shop at Home had some old retired sets still for sale. Check a Lego store if you can find one. They have Costcos there. Maybe you can get a good deal with the exchange rates.

Otherwise, I don't know. The last time I was thee, I was still in the dark ages.

• 3 weeks later...

I didn't find much, but there was one toy store in Seoul that I found with Lego. They only had 1 retired set from the Lego Movie and it was well over RRP here in the US (everything was actually). There was about a 20-30% markup on everything, but they took care of the boxes and they were all minty. The expensive ones were even carefully wrapped in plastic.

They packagin is different there than in the US. The front of the boxes don't list an age range or part count. I thought I was seeing things wrong at first or that they were fake, but they had Lego authentication stickers on them that aren't present in the US.

If nothing else it was a fun treasure hunt trying to find the store in a dark back alley.

1 minute ago, SageFly said:

<snip>

They packagin is different there than in the US. The front of the boxes don't list an age range or part count. I thought I was seeing things wrong at first or that they were fake, but they had Lego authentication stickers on them that aren't present in the US.<snip>

<snip>

That's the European box style - no age range or part count, just set number and name.