Facebook Marketplace

• 11 months later...
49 minutes ago, zaphoid said:

those that sale on FB, do you list only to the Marketplace or also to your local Buy and Sell groups?

If you sell on the local groups, asking for more than retail brings on lots of nasty comments. At least around here. 

Of all the dodgy characters that I've met when selling stuff face-to-face, most have been from FB. I just hate those that arrange to meet with cash and then don't bother turning up. I'd never have anybody that I don't know come to my house. I've put up small adverts at my local post office and made a few sales that way, by meeting them outside the post office which is only a 5min walk from me at a set time.

54 minutes ago, iahawks550 said:

If you sell on the local groups, asking for more than retail brings on lots of nasty comments. At least around here. 

I mostly use it to sell my non movers

Non-LEGO question:

So I sold my kid's outdoor swing set about 3 weeks ago.  Lady showed up on Sat and paid $200 cash.  Came back on Sunday and disassembled it about 50% and left. No idea if she took any parts or not.

Now she ghosting me.  Won't answer texts or FB Messanger.

Wife wants it gone.  Neighbor complained to HOA about it being unsightly.  

How long do I have to wait before I relist, or haul to junk yard.  I just don't want Karen to demand a refund.

24 minutes ago, Goofball814 said:

Non-LEGO question:

So I sold my kid's outdoor swing set about 3 weeks ago.  Lady showed up on Sat and paid $200 cash.  Came back on Sunday and disassembled it about 50% and left. No idea if she took any parts or not.

Now she ghosting me.  Won't answer texts or FB Messanger.

Wife wants it gone.  Neighbor complained to HOA about it being unsightly.  

How long do I have to wait before I relist, or haul to junk yard.  I just don't want Karen to demand a refund.

If they ghost you for a couple weeks, it's fair game to get rid of. I wouldn't sell it to anyone, but at least put it to the street corner.