[MOC] Crashed Star Destroyer Jakku

dimnico

First of all, Rey's speeder is brilliant. Second, your mocs are all wonderful .. working at that scale must be a challenge. You put most of the little scenes LEGO has released for Star Wars to shame.

On this one though, any way you can dip the nose of the Star Destroyer into the sand? The angle is a little off... 

Image result for jakku crashed star destroyer

PS Next challenge .. add a busted up x-wing. ;)

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 11:00 AM, gregpj said:

First of all, Rey's speeder is brilliant. Second, your mocs are all wonderful .. working at that scale must be a challenge. You put most of the little scenes LEGO has released for Star Wars to shame.

On this one though, any way you can dip the nose of the Star Destroyer into the sand? The angle is a little off... 

PS Next challenge .. add a busted up x-wing. ;)

Thanks! I say this every time but I love building at this scale and trying to see how much detail I can get onto a 16x16 base! 

AND...it is such a bug bear of mine that the star destroyer isn't buried more! I am a stickler for detail and I totally agree the angle is off. I realized this when I was about half way through and it was such a jigsaw puzzle trying to get all these arches into place that I was really torn between starting again or living with it! (this was after the third attempt too!)

I have a few more scenes I want to do and then maybe I will revisit one day! 

I love the idea of the busted xwing though and think I have the parts already to add that in!

• Like 1

Awesome moc again Dimtiri! Such detail on such a small scale. When I get a spare weekend I plan to try and replicate some of these with my son, they'll look great on my desk in the office!! Keep up the great work!

Thanks again! I'm going to try and do instructions for these at some point. Will keep you posted!
  • Like 1