75154 - TIE Striker

Lordoflego

This looks like they cut a TIE Interceptor in half or just took off the bottom panels and moved the top ones down. Through the battlefield or traversing the depths of space, this slimmer design makes more sense than the original TIE Fighter standard although those wings still block your lateral view unless they are meant to be deflectors protecting the pilot. Anyway, I too have difficulty trying to convince myself this has the bulk worthy of $70.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheOrcKing said:

This looks like they cut a TIE Interceptor in half or just took off the bottom panels and moved the top ones down.

Exactly. If you bought two of these, you could make a pretty decent TIE interceptor MOC. I might do that if it ever goes down to -50%. 69.99$ is a joke. Apparently it will even be 76.99€ over here, or almost 86$!

Tieinter2.jpg

Edited by c_rpg

I truly believe that Lego Star Wars RRP's are just too take advantage of those who must have an item on Day 1. Discounts are available pretty quickly on these sets now. 

In the UK the new AT-TE is available with a 28% discount, Turbo Tank 22%. Same last year with TFA sets. MF prices fell fast, Kylos shuttle seems to have been sold for £80 forever.

Just a matter of having a small amount of patience. Still bloody annoying though. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

I truly believe that Lego Star Wars RRP's are just too take advantage of those who must have an item on Day 1. Discounts are available pretty quickly on these sets now. 

In the UK the new AT-TE is available with a 28% discount, Turbo Tank 22%. Same last year with TFA sets. MF prices fell fast, Kylos shuttle seems to have been sold for £80 forever.

Just a matter of having a small amount of patience. Still bloody annoying though. 

I was actually thinking the exact same thing.  Maybe its some new tactic they're employing so LEGO Shop at Home can do some "sales" once in a while.  Although they're obviously pricing these where they think the majority of people who want them day one are willing for fork out.

It was pretty interesting with the new SH sets this year how quickly they went to 20% off at some retailers.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 2016-9-2 at 9:02 AM, c_rpg said:

Exactly. If you bought two of these, you could make a pretty decent TIE interceptor MOC. I might do that if it ever goes down to -50%. 69.99$ is a joke. Apparently it will even be 76.99€ over here, or almost 86$!

Tieinter2.jpg

Well, look at what just happened... TRU (NL) just offered the TIE Striker for €37,98 (max 2 per order). That's actually more than 50% off when considering the Dutch RRP of €79,99 ! :P 

Couldn't resist and ordered 2. :) 

33 minutes ago, Haay said:

Well, look at what just happened... TRU (NL) just offered the TIE Striker for €37,98 (max 2 per order). That's actually more than 50% off when considering the Dutch RRP of €79,99 ! :P 

Thanks for the heads-up!

3 hours ago, Haay said:

Hehe yeah I saw it as well. I was too late for TRU.nl (it's gone), but it was still available at TRU.de. 38€ a piece with shipping included.

We are going to get another TIE soon with Kylo Ren's Advanced TIE, which is sort of a mix between Vader's TIE Advanced and a TIE Interceptor. So there's a chance they will retire the TIE Striker. It's not a very popular set anyway.

Hehe yeah I saw it as well. I was too late for TRU.nl (it's gone), but it was still available at TRU.de. 38€ a piece with shipping included.
We are going to get another TIE soon with Kylo Ren's Advanced TIE, which is sort of a mix between Vader's TIE Advanced and a TIE Interceptor. So there's a chance they will retire the TIE Striker. It's not a very popular set anyway.

Now it's at 34,98€ in TRUs stores in germany. If it's combined with the REWE TRUs gift card promotion total price would be 29,98€. I am thinking to buy two for resale, but I am not sure if that makes sense as nobody is bidding on those on eBay in the moment. Do you guys think this would pay out in some months/a year?
RRP in Germany is 69,99€

31 minutes ago, Scrhnd said:

Now it's at 34,98€ in TRUs stores in germany. If it's combined with the REWE TRUs gift card promotion total price would be 29,98€. I am thinking to buy two for resale, but I am not sure if that makes sense as nobody is bidding on those on eBay in the moment. Do you guys think this would pay out in some months/a year?
RRP in Germany is 69,99€

30€ is pretty darn low. I wouldn't bet on this set for such a short term, but in the long term you will certainly get at least MSRP for it. Unlikely to be remade and very likely they are clearing them out to make room for Kylo Ren's new TIE Advanced.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
35 minutes ago, Villager Chris said:

Amazon selling these at 50% off. Going for good soon?

I hope so, but i think it will be here until the end of the year. Great price though, been waiting for a while to get it at 50% off.

If i was a betting man, then i would say the AT-ST is about done. Tesco have removed the stock request, argos have deleted it and john lewis have been OOS for weeks.

• 3 weeks later...