Jump to content

71042 - Silent Mary

Recommended Posts

Something to consider...60095 Deep Sea Exploration Vessel is very popular and doing quite well. I know...different theme, but it just goes to show that people love ship wrecks. This set might surprise some people. That being said...I have yet to buy any even though I’ve got 20+ 60095.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, terrymc4677 said:

Something to consider...60095 Deep Sea Exploration Vessel is very popular and doing quite well. I know...different theme, but it just goes to show that people love ship wrecks. This set might surprise some people. That being said...I have yet to buy any even though I’ve got 20+ 60095.

A hell lot of apples and oranges lying around here...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, terrymc4677 said:

Something to consider...60095 Deep Sea Exploration Vessel is very popular and doing quite well. I know...different theme, but it just goes to show that people love ship wrecks. This set might surprise some people. That being said...I have yet to buy any even though I’ve got 20+ 60095.

In the good ole' days, any big and different set you bought would appreciate well after retirement.  But the thing was, there really weren't that many "big" sets.  Today, we have so many options when discussing larger sets that it impossible for most resellers to stock up on every one.  There will be some sets that are ignored, even though they are discussed readily on this site.  The Silent Mary might be that set.  Talked about, but not hoarded and worth $500.00 next year.  Or not...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The fact TLG culled it earlier than normal, along with Snowspeeder and a few others, points to low demand.

Maybe people will wake up in 3 years thinking they need this - maybe not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Val-E said:

The fact TLG culled it earlier than normal, along with Snowspeeder and a few others, points to low demand.

Maybe people will wake up in 3 years thinking they need this - maybe not.

The same happened to Town Hall and Taj Mahal...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, mauro23 said:

The same happened to Town Hall and Taj Mahal...

A lot of apples and oranges rolling around here, too...

27 minutes ago, marcandre said:

Target only has 10 left at $150. Was hoping to grab one with a discounted gift card but looks unlikely now. 

Backordered at lego, amazon full rrp, wm oos

You better stay away. This shipwreck is only going to get you shipwrecked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest TabbyBoy
16 minutes ago, Frank Brickowski said:

A lot of apples and oranges rolling around here, too...GREAT FOR STUFFING A TURKEY WITH !!!

You better stay away. This shipwreck is only going to get you shipwrecked... WISE WORDS & GREAT ADVICE !!!

I'll guess... 1x RRP after fees in year 2 than tanking to 0.8x RRP in year 3?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest TabbyBoy

UK ONLY

I'll put my money where my mouth is..... If this sells for >£230 (allowing for fees/box/bubble-wrap/shipping/tax) on eBay UK within 6 months of EOL, I will send a FREE 70618 Destinys Bounty to the first UK BrickPicker that sends me a PM after official EOL and wants to build it, not resell it. It will be new/sealed, but box may have some shelf wear. Why would it matter if you're building it?

Edited by TabbyBoy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

UK ONLY

I'll put my money where my mouth is..... If this sells for >£230 (allowing for fees/box/bubble-wrap/shipping/tax) on eBay UK within 6 months of EOL, I will send a FREE 70618 Destinys Bounty to the first UK BrickPicker that sends me a PM after official EOL and wants to build it, not resell it. It will be new/sealed, but box may have some shelf wear. Why would it matter if you're building it?

Maybe we could lower the stakes and say if DB sells for RRP after fees within 6 months of EOL, you´ll give away a Silent Mary!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest TabbyBoy
17 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Maybe we could lower the stakes and say if DB sells for RRP after fees within 6 months of EOL, you´ll give away a Silent Mary!

I'll leave that offer for somebody else., perhaps you?

Also, how can I give away something that I will never ever have?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 12:45 PM, marcandre said:
It can look pretty amazing in the right setup

I wish they put some kind of blue film on the bottom background to make it look more like the sea. Still very impressive.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest TabbyBoy

I think it's more impressive in the box than out! ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 7:02 PM, terrymc4677 said:

60095 Deep Sea Exploration Vessel is very popular and doing quite well. I know...different theme, but it just goes to show that people love ship wrecks.

I wonder if people generally are more interested in wrecks of any sort over the perfectly pristine when it comes to building something for play or display. While a flawless let's say pirate ship since here we are makes for a fine display already, the wrecked version conceptually, visually, and constructively is much more intriguing (perhaps not always appealing but altogether intriguing). When wreckage done right what you are seeing not only gives an idea of everything the structure has gone through but also a glimpse as to what it used to be in its heyday before getting smacked around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, TheOrcKing said:

I wonder if people generally are more interested in wrecks of any sort over the perfectly pristine when it comes to building something for play or display. While a flawless let's say pirate ship since here we are makes for a fine display already, the wrecked version conceptually, visually, and constructively is much more intriguing (perhaps not always appealing but altogether intriguing). When wreckage done right what you are seeing not only gives an idea of everything the structure has gone through but also a glimpse as to what it used to be in its heyday before getting smacked around.

looks too busy for my taste...even in the above picture...when I zoom into the display...no idea what's really happening...I know the extra gremeling by the displayer adds to the busy-ness and blurrrs the exposed frame that this set really emphasizes

this could be like the White Mellenium Falcon...a must have for ship collectors because it's unique and not likely ever re-made

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...