what is your avatar

mezzaluna

Mine is of my father when we were on a Lego run together a few years back. He got a little too excited as he was loading our bounty into my trunk.

Shopko (remember that store?) used to be a great place to load up on deals when the stars and planets aligned. Clearance, coupons, and senior day (extra 15% off entire purchase) would all stack. I’d give him a stack of cash and would show him what to buy. He’d go check out and use his senior discount as I would wait in the car. We made some epic runs. There were about a dozen Shopko stores within a twenty-five mile radius of my home.

A few years ago my Mom was dying from cancer. She had in home hospice. While my Dad is as patient and caring as they come, he needed a break from that every now and then while she was going through everything. Our Shopko runs provided that escape, if only for a few hours once a month. I’d treat him to breakfast and we would load up the car.

Who chopped up onions in here? I’m not crying! You’re crying!
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, oneknightr said:

My avatar was taken when Gary was a guest on my show. He was a good friend, and this was one of my favorite episodes to film. 

-The Hoff (don't hassel me)

That's awesome.  I often wondered about the connection to your avatar.  KR was one of my favorite shows as a kid.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, terrymc4677 said:

Mine is of my father when we were on a Lego run together a few years back. He got a little too excited as he was loading our bounty into my trunk.

47 minutes ago, redghostx said:

I love reading this story and it never gets old.

I also enjoyed reading this story, thank you for sharing.  I always just envisioned that was you, in all your qffl glory. So not too far off.

• Like 1