Exciting New Hobby

Hello Friends,

I'm a young collector just starting out. We didn't have much growing up, which is one of the many reasons I am trying my hand at buying legos. In addition to investing, I want to learn about all things lego.(History, personalities, future etc.) Soon i'd like to create an organization system and have a nice collection of bricks for building.I hope to learn, grow, and have lots of fun. I'll be spending the next week looking for guides, information, and trying to ask myself as many questions as I can. If there is anything valuable you'd like to share, such as buying tactics, resources, etc. I would be honored to learn from you! If necessary, I can organize topics and gather my information here. As with Lego, there is so much to explore. I hope I can benefit from this wonderful community.

Welcome, and please GO SLOW.

Don't buy anything until you've read everything.

Except for Lego 21301 birds.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/LEGO-Ideas-Birds/42104288

That you can buy 2 of today, right now, without thinking, at retail price, while it is already retired across the world.

Most brickpickers did buy in for around 30-37 (instead of full retail of 45) but its rare to have an opportunity to buy a set that's gone everywhere else.

You're welcome, and pay it forward some day.

• Like 1