Hello & Servus from Germany

Hey and Hello, 
I am new here and wanted to introduce myself.

My Name is Dominic, live in thea area of Schweinfurt in Germany, I'm 27 years old and have a almost 3-year old Son.

A few days ago I was searching for a birthday present for my sons 3rd Birthday and I thought about different toys. At some point I came accross Matchbox and Hot Wheels and I was thinking that I could always buy two same cars, one that my son can play with and one that I can collect and sell with a little profit in a few years. Though I've started a little bit of research for some 'unusual' investments and stumbled over LEGO as a, not so bad, possibility. As a Kid I loved to play with LEGO and since I'm a Dad I almost can't wait, that my Son is old enough to play with real Lego. Until now he's a little bit to young for it, but we already play with LEGO Duplo. After a little bit more of reading I found the Brickpicker site with the forum and I think its very interessting and helpful to get some information what piece will.

I am planing to get two of the same Models every quarter, one that I and/or my Son can build and the second to keep it absolute original. I don't know what to get first, Star Wars, Simpsons, Architecture? It shouldn't be to expensive, but I don't want to miss a good opportunity. Well, I have to think about this and get some more information before I buy the first parts, maybe someone got a little Tip for me. 

Bye for now, Servus, Dom.

Guest brickcrazyhouse

welcome Dominic.  read as much as you can. don't worry about missing out, there will always be other great sets.  I bet the sets you build with your son will be the most valuable. happy building

Herzlich willkommen!

14 hours ago, Dom89 said:

I am planing to get two of the same Models every quarter, one that I and/or my Son can build and the second to keep it absolute original. I don't know what to get first, Star Wars, Simpsons, Architecture? It shouldn't be to expensive, but I don't want to miss a good opportunity. Well, I have to think about this and get some more information before I buy the first parts, maybe someone got a little Tip for me.

Those sets you're going to buy for playing with your son will not necessarily be the best sets for investment and vice versa. Just something to keep in mind.