Lasting Toys STORE CLOSING! Up to 65% OFF!

Sandwraith

As the title says - the small mom&pop LEGO store Lasting Toys in Mississauga appears to be closing it's doors and is having a sale to sell through their stock.

They sell a wide range of LEGO, including the current stuff at retail prices, and retired sets at a markup. I'm local to their store, so i'll be checking it occasionally, but their large exclusives (even the ones currently available) usually have a markup already applied, so even at %10 off there isn't much of a deal there. Either way i figure i'd post this for anyone local to the store looking for something, i'm sure there will be good deals to find at some point.

The sales are as follows (currently):

Lasting Toys is closing! 

Visit the store often for sale prices of up to 50% off.  

Sales will change weekly.

Sales June 8 – 11

50% off CHIMA Speedorz sets

30% off DK Brickmaster books

30% off World Racers sets

25% off Key Lights (get ready for backyard camping!)

20% off most Atlantis sets

20% off most Disney Cars sets

20% off DUPLO

20% off most Galaxy Squad sets

20% off most Lone Ranger sets

20% off Magnet minifigure sets including Star Wars, Atlantis and the female minifigure assortment (minifig not glued to magnet brick)

20% off Minecraft Cube sets (21102, 21105, 21106, 21107 only)

20% off most Ninja Turtle sets

15% off stationary

10% off all other sets and items*

If you have gift certificates, make sure that you use them soon. 

While supplies last we have a FREE mini seagull build for kids 14 and under that visit the store.

The store will be open regular hours Wednesday through Saturday.  As soon as the inventory is reduced sufficiently, our doors will close.

*Does not include sets with prices ending in .X5, mystery minifigures or any items already on sale

Happy Building!

And finally their Facebook page to check their hours and whatnot:

https://www.facebook.com/LastingToys/

I've picked up some older retired CMF from them at retail price.

I never understood how they could sell current exclusive sets marked up.  Most were readily available at SAH at lower prices and you could collect VIP points, free shipping  and get bonuses....etc.

7 minutes ago, Vader888 said:

I never understood how they could sell current exclusive sets marked up.  Most were readily available at SAH at lower prices and you could collect VIP points, free shipping  and get bonuses....etc.

My guess would be something to do with them not being able to buy wholesale from LEGO. I think since they sold retired sets at a markup; LEGO did not let them buy from them at wholesale prices. Or something like that, could be wrong.

I've found many gems at this store, will be sad to see them go :(

7 minutes ago, Vader888 said:

There is still a large portion of the buying public that don't bother with price checking. They may know what they want or they are impulse buyers but they care little about 'shopping around' whether they are rich or not.

14 minutes ago, Vader888 said:

You must never have been in the Toys Toys Toys chain, where their regular price for everything is always 20% higher than the TRU price. Then when they have a 20% off sale, their "regular" price magically rises by 20%. I swear their business model is to just buy stuff from TRU and then charge more.

2 minutes ago, jeff_14 said:

You must never have been in the Toys Toys Toys chain, where their regular price for everything is always 20% higher than the TRU price. Then when they have a 20% off sale, their "regular" price magically rises by 20%. I swear their business model is to just buy stuff from TRU and then charge more.

I've been to their stores in various malls, and seen their ridiculous prices.  I saw a couple retired architecture sets (i.e pisa, Brandengate...etc) at the one in Vaughan Mills, with big markups.  I guess they prey on the ill/uninformed.

Just now, Vader888 said:

I've been to their stores in various malls, and seen their ridiculous prices.  I saw a couple retired architecture sets (i.e pisa, Brandengate...etc) at the one in Vaughan Mills, with big markups.  I guess they prey on the ill/uninformed.

There's one in the office tower next to me downtown and I can see a parent rushing home not minding paying the extra amount given there are no other toy stores around here and justifying the price difference for the convenience, but the ones like at Vaughn Mills where there is not just a TRU but also a Legoland in the same building I just don't get. 

And to explain our exclusives situation - we have to buy at full retail price - since LEGO chose not to allow us to buy them. So we bring in a few at slow times of the year - to allow people on a Friday night at 8pm who need it for 9am on Saturday - to get one.  yes we tack on 20% which is about the least I can do to cover rent/payroll etc.  But it's for emergencies etc. 

Now here is our current sale list - and we have updated a few things on facebook as well including some exclusives we did discount 15%

Sales June 15 – 18
50% off all CHIMA speedorz and sets
40% off Ninjago Spinners
30% off Star Wars planet sets
30% off DUPLO sets
30% off DK Brickmaster books
30% off World Racers sets
25% off Books and Magazines
25% off Mixels
25% off Bionicle sets
25% off most Ninja Turtle sets
25% off stationary items
25% off Key Lights (get ready for backyard camping!)
20% off Keychains (excluding individual priced ones on the counter)
20% off LT Grab Bags of parts LTGBxxxx
20% off City sets
20% off Elves
20% off Disney Princess
20% off Friends
20% off Hero Factory
20% off most Galaxy Squad sets
20% off Magnet minifigure sets including Star Wars, Atlantis and the female minifigure assortment (minifig not glued to magnet brick)
20% off Minecraft Cube sets (21102, 21105, 21106, 21107 only)

15% off all other sets and items*

If you have gift certificates, make sure that you use them soon.  

*Does not include sets with prices ending in .X5, mystery minifigures or any items already on sale

Happy Building!

• Like 1

Lasting Toys is closing!  

Visit the store often for sale prices of up to 65% off.  
Sales will change weekly.

Many sets that previously were priced with .X5 are now 15% off.
Most exclusives have been discounted as well.

All our LEGO signage and promotional items are available as well.
Any and all fixtures are available for sale – to view them please contact Mike at 905-823-4310 for an appointment.

New Sales/Increased Discount June 22 – 25
65% off all CHIMA speedorz sets
50% off Ninjago Spinners
35% off DK Brickmaster books
35% off World Racers sets
35% off Key Lights (get ready for backyard camping!)
35% off Books and Magazines
30% off most Ninja Turtle sets
30% off most Galaxy Squad sets
25% off Minecraft Cube sets (21102, 21105, 21106, 21107 only)
25% off Friends
25% off Hero Factory
25% off Ninjago sets
25% off Angry Birds sets
20% off Minecraft sets
20% off Scooby Doo sets
20% off Creator sets
20% off LEGO Movie sets
20% off Brickforge
20% off LifeLites

Continued Sales
50% off all CHIMA sets
30% off DUPLO sets
30% off Star Wars planet sets
25% off stationary items
25% off Bionicle sets
25% off Mixels
20% off City sets
20% off Elves
20% off Disney Princess
20% off Keychains (excluding individual priced ones on the counter)
20% off LT LEGO Grab Bags of parts

15% off all other sets and items*

If you have gift certificates, make sure that you use them soon.  

The store will be open regular hours Wednesday through Saturday.  As soon as the inventory is reduced sufficiently, our doors will close.

Happy Building!

On 6/21/2016 at 7:34 AM, ltbuyer said:

Lasting Toys is closing!  

I dropped by the other day an picked up a few things ;) Any idea when the Minecraft stuff will get further discounted (not the cube sets) looking to pick up an Ender Dragon, and maybe the End Portal.

And did you guys really sell through your Prince of Persia stuff that quick?! Surprised to see none in there on Wednesday haha.

Prince of persia sold out long before the sell off, and upcoming discounts are not known till I see how the prior week has done.   And honestly if stuff goes beyond 25% off it will be very rare, since we have final sell off buyer that will take most stuff at that point.

Edited by ltbuyer
  • Like 1

Two years ago I happened into lasting toys after coming out of my dark ages and picked up some retired technic sets at a reasonable price.  

I was there today to pick up a few sets and while the deals were nice it was really sad to see them close down.  Thank you for being there for me and countless others.