First Craigslist Lot - Should I Buy?

Hey all! I'm looking to purchase some bulk LEGO on Craigslist and take a run at selling it in pounds sorted by color. I came across a lot that the seller estimates to be around 25 lbs going for $50. If it was all LEGO, that would be pretty great, but I don't have a way to confirm. Pictures are attached and look like a mixed bag. What indications should I look for to decide if it's worth it?

Also, if anyone can identify the road plates pictured, that would be appreciated. I haven't figured them out so far. Thanks!

lego 00707_bDsVFs7V5Lv_1200x900.jpg

lego 00G0G_gGjkeGWe1Ly_1200x900.jpg

lego 00y0y_hr9VBHelRp9_1200x900.jpg

50 minutes ago, cardkid said:

25 lbs for $50 is pretty good. Does it include minifigs?

No minifigs that I'm aware of, unfortunately, and I'd imagine they'd want to advertise them and/or demand more money if they were present.

3 minutes ago, marcandre said:

That's a low buy in but I don't see much there. Personally I would pass, esp if there are no figs or manuals. 

You're probably right since there are neither. I might decide to take it a punt, buy it, and just keep the parts for building if it doesn't work out, but I haven't decided yet.

• 2 weeks later...

^ Probably so. The decision ended up being taken out of my hands anyway - the lady who listed the lot contacted me saying she had others interested to buy for more. No way I was going to go beyond $50 and enter a bidding war on craigslist, so I let it go. 

for 25lb @ $50 thats a great deal. $75 would have still been good.

There are some power miner sets in there which are fun to build. Last bulk lot my wife bought at a big consignment sale had some PM sets in it.

This was in that CL 25lb lot.

8960-1.jpg?200812010333

Edited by pstebbing

I found about 25lbs today at a garage sale advertised on Craigslist, but didn't even want to offer $20 for it all.  I saw mostly City and random other themes in there.  All jumbled together and I didn't want the work.  I did pull out 24 minifigs (Star Wars, astromechs, and Super Heroes). They only charged me $0.25 each ($6).

I rarely check the garage sale section, but took a peek this morning and the first listing had "Legos" in it.  Drove over real quick on break this morning and it took about a 1/2 hour to sort through what I wanted.  I had to find the right helmets, heads, etc.

• Like 1