Best threads to read for UK

Hi all,

Recently got into lego investing and was wondering if anyone had any specific threads that would be essential reading for investors based in uk. As it seems like there is a lot of differences when comparing us / canada prices to UK. 

I've already read a lot of the various theme threads and trying to research a lot until I go and make my first real investment. 

Regards 

1 hour ago, Mhd747 said:

Hi all,

Recently got into lego investing and was wondering if anyone had any specific threads that would be essential reading for investors based in uk. As it seems like there is a lot of differences when comparing us / canada prices to UK. 

I've already read a lot of the various theme threads and trying to research a lot until I go and make my first real investment. 

Regards 

I'd say its a good question to ask - culturally we're a different species.

In the UK we'll never get some of the discounts our cousins see - its kind of a different world there when it comes to commerce but the underlying principals of buy-in, timing, sets that people rate are all similar.  The AFOL community is so global that generally what is popular in the states is popular here.

A good general thread I'd recommend for all geographies are the "Lessons learned thread": 

Trust me - we're all going to make the same mistakes and this is a great source of "ohhhh... thats so obvious.... but exactly what I've just done!".  Some good advice there so I'd take a look.  

And also the "what did you buy/sell today" gives a good idea of what people (especially some of the UK members) are stocking up on and what is selling well.

Also the blogs - i cant speak highly enough of these.  Some real effort goes into them and its really good reading.  Especially the old ones on sets no longer available.  The market for Lego investing has changed so take with a pinch of salt but you dont get the distractions that some of the threads have when they go OT.

Ohh - and subscribe to the UK/EU daily deals thread. Some gems get posted on there but you have to be quick.

5 minutes ago, GiliusThunderhead said:

I'd say its a good question to ask - culturally we're a different species.

In the UK we'll never get some of the discounts our cousins see - its kind of a different world there when it comes to commerce but the underlying principals of buy-in, timing, sets that people rate are all similar.  The AFOL community is so global that generally what is popular in the states is popular here.

A good general thread I'd recommend for all geographies are the "Lessons learned thread": 

Trust me - we're all going to make the same mistakes and this is a great source of "ohhhh... thats so obvious.... but exactly what I've just done!".  Some good advice there so I'd take a look.  

And also the "what did you buy/sell today" gives a good idea of what people (especially some of the UK members) are stocking up on and what is selling well.

Also the blogs - i cant speak highly enough of these.  Some real effort goes into them and its really good reading.  Especially the old ones on sets no longer available.  The market for Lego investing has changed so take with a pinch of salt but you dont get the distractions that some of the threads have when they go OT.

Ohh - and subscribe to the UK/EU daily deals thread. Some gems get posted on there but you have to be quick.

Thanks for the tips, I'll definitely check out the references you made.

Like you mentioned, here doesn't really seem to be a lot of discounts on lego sets, the last promotion was in tesco when they had the 3 for 2 on toys, however it was limited to inshore only, and most places didn't really have much stock.