New LEGO Color Palete

TheGallows

here is the comparison to the 2012 chart. interesting part is what was done in manuals with dark bley and black elements....

" In all instructions since 2012, Black parts have white outlines and Dark Stone Grey parts have black outlines. Previously it was difficult to tell the colors apart because they both had black outlines, so LEGO had to make the black parts more grayish for the outlines to show up. Ever since that change, there shouldn't be much room for confusion." http://brickset.com/article/21349

15156610860_9b827b6000_o.jpg

link to higher res 2012 color chart.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/41229227@N06/15156610860/in/dateposted/

• Like 4

5 hours ago, TheGallows said:

LEGO Color Palete 2016 version

Is it just me that's surprised at how many new ones there are?

This chart is immaculately concise. I thought there were more tones currently actually, and they still use sand green? Perhaps it is me but I simply do not remember seeing that color used much if at all anymore. Anywho, I love all them blues. Ha.

On ‎5‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 2:50 PM, TheOrcKing said:

This chart is immaculately concise. I thought there were more tones currently actually, and they still use sand green? Perhaps it is me but I simply do not remember seeing that color used much if at all anymore. Anywho, I love all them blues. Ha.

You're also forgetting Slave 1.  There's a decent amount of sand green, at least for the polishing off of the model.  They just don't have very many bricks.  They are more specialized pieces that come in that color.

On ‎5‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 6:19 AM, tractorboy said:

It's the naming of the colours I sometimes find a bit confusing, as I tend to use Bricklink's names for colours.

Like what Lego calls 'earth green', I would call 'dark green', but they use 'dark green' for what I'd just call 'green' as in classic green.

The naming confounds me often as well. It is manageable but still an awkward ordeal.

On ‎5‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 5:56 PM, Zelgazra said:

Sand green windows on Brick Bank at the very least! :)

On ‎5‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 3:08 PM, Alpinemaps said:

70590 Ninjago Airjitsu Battle Grounds has some Sand Green slopes and bricks in it.  Not many, but a couple.

On ‎5‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 10:50 PM, donbee said:

Sand green is common in architecture sets. Like the Brandenburg Gate.

On ‎5‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 6:41 AM, citymorgue said:

You're also forgetting Slave 1.  There's a decent amount of sand green, at least for the polishing off of the model.  They just don't have very many bricks.  They are more specialized pieces that come in that color.

On ‎5‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 3:27 PM, Phil B said:

Scooby Doo lighthouse has Sand Green as well.

Alrighty then, y'all convinced me of the color's continued usage. Haha. Somewhat of a rarity and usually for fine details but there all the same.

• Like 1