Hi, I'm Lane, a new member

Hi,

I'm Lane, I'm 41, and from Jacksonville, FL. I'm pretty new to Lego building. I never got into it as a kid. A couple years ago I helped a friend's son put together a small Star Wars set we got him and enjoyed it.  I saw one of the previous Slave I models shortly before it was discontinued and thought it was cool.  I looked for it a few times online after that and was surprised how expensive they were.  In January after debating the new Slave I set for weeks, I finally pulled the trigger.  That was my first real, start to finish Lego build.  Since then I've built the new Millenium Falcon and the Imperial Shuttle from Star Wars, I'm in the middle of the VW bus, which is taking longer since the bags weren't numbered and I have to keep my two year old from grabbing the bowls of pieces off the table, and while traveling for work last night I went to the Orlando Lego store bought the Mini Cooper and completed it in my hotel room.

I'm not a stressed out guy, but man my brain just shuts off while I'm building them and I'm totally focused, it's awesome. I have however wrung up over $650 of new hobby in the last 3 months, so I've been checking out lots on Craigslist at home and when I travel, but I've only gotten one person to even reply and then they totally flaked. I'm very nice in the emails (why do people selling their kid's Legos never include phone numbers?), I include pertinent info from the ad so they know I'm not a nut (This may not be relevant to buying Lego, but I have bought and sold cars on CL which draws nut jobs), I try not to bombard them with questions about manuals, minifigs, or completeness of sets, but still I get nothing.  Any advice?

Thanks,

Lane

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by TigerEyez
Missed an important word