What is BrickLink like?

Orodes

Hey all I have been checking out BrickLink for a few days now and just can't seem to convince myself to actually buy anything as of yet, since I have never used it before. I was just wondering what does everyone on here think of the site, have you ever bought anything on there, new or old. Thanks everyone

I've bought lots of stuff over years off bricklink from old sets to bulk bricks to individual bricks to complete sets I had. I've bought from sellers all over the world and have never had a problem to date. Like ebay the best gauge is the sellers feedback rating (hence the other topic I posted) but I say take the plunge..you won't regret it.

If I may ask something else also, is it good to buy for investment purposes, coming from the UK I have not actually found a lot of great sets within the UK that are new sealed for good prices, I have however found a ton from Denmark and US, but of course the shipping costs can sky rocket lol.

Shipping costs is something you have to factor in on ebay too. I live in Australia so most of my new release sets come from overseas in one way or another. If the price is right go for it, just check your countries import rules etc because you don't want to order a "cheap" set only to be slugged high import duty

Like ebay the best gauge is the sellers feedback rating (hence the other topic I posted) but I say take the plunge..you won't regret it.

Pretty much what he said. ALWAYS read everyones feedback, that includes sellers and buyers. I say both because even if a seller has a negative or two listed in the feedback area, be sure to read what that buyer said and who it is. The buyer might just turn out to be a prick based on what they leave for feedback on every one of their transactions. I've seen a fair number of good sellers with negative feedback left behind by people that just like to be jerks for no real reason.

I have bought quite a few older sets in new condition and have been satisfied everytime. Nothing really large though yet. Lots of small to medium sized sets and some minifigures.

Again, my best advice is to be sure and always read everyones (buyers & sellers) feedback.

That and try to find everything you want from as few sellers as possible.

It will cut down on shipping costs if you can consolidate everything down to buying from a couple of sellers, instead of five or more seperate ones.

Bricklink has been great for me. I have never had a problem with any of the orders I've placed, and I have only had one non-paying buyer. The site looks kind of ugly aesthetically, but it is great for buying and selling. It isn't the most user-friendly site at first either, but you get the hang of it quickly enough.