Bricklink

slobey

Hi guys, I want your opinion. There is a guy on Bricklink selling some old sets I want complete with boxes for a resonable price. Catch is he has zero feedback. Looking around at his store nothing else really throws any red flags up nevertheless the feedback(or lack of it ) concerns me. Does paypal offer protection if it is not an ebay transaction? keen to hear what others think..........

Humm - ringing alarm bells here! Everyone has to start somewhere I guess but I would personally feel safer on eBay. Does he have anything on eBay at all that you can verify is him and his listing? Without anything else to go on I would think twice here... Good luck..

Hi guys,

I want your opinion. There is a guy on Bricklink selling some old sets I want complete with boxes for a resonable price. Catch is he has zero feedback. Looking around at his store nothing else really throws any red flags up nevertheless the feedback(or lack of it ) concerns me.

Does paypal offer protection if it is not an ebay transaction?

keen to hear what others think..........

I am always very careful with Bricklink sellers w/ little to no history. Paypal, kinda has protection for it, but nothing like with ebay. If they are inexpensive sets, I would say to go for it - expensive items, I would not. Also, if you have your paypal account linked up to a credit card, that would be extra protection - since you could always then have the backup option of filing the claim through your credit card.

Hello, just yesterday I sold an old set DISCOVERY 7471 on Bricklink I'm new, and of course I have zero feedback, but everyone has to start in a way. If this is my set :-) and you do not trust to complete the transaction on Bricklink, we can do it on Ebay, but they are unfortunately more commissions ....

Hello,

just yesterday I sold an old set DISCOVERY 7471 on Bricklink

I'm new, and of course I have zero feedback, but everyone has to start in a way.

If this is my set :-) and you do not trust to complete the transaction on Bricklink, we can do it on Ebay, but they are unfortunately more commissions ....

That's my opinion too.... I had zero feedback at some point too I've emailed a couple of days ago for a postage quote( we live on opposite ends of the globe) and I have yet to hear back so I won't do anything till that happens regardless.

• 1 month later...

So, today I finally sold my first set on Bricklink. I have been selling on eBay most of the time and decided to give it a try and change venues for once and see how it goes. I have to say that the process is not as hard as it seems to be at first glance. Everything went smoothly, and it was really good to get a look at those low fees in the end! haha. Anyway, I am very optimist about this site's selling tool being a lot better. So I will be holding off most of my sales until you guys get that going!