The Future of LEGO Star Wars, Star Wars 7 in 2015, How will this effect sets?

solidbrix

With Star Wars Episode 7 coming in 2015 (possibly being pushed back), this leads into a huge discussion whether this will be a big hit or not with LEGO. LEGO Star Wars seems to never go out of trend, but whats fueling it right now seems to be the Clone Wars and 3D movies (which just got canceled). My question to everyone is if Star Wars 7 ties such a different story then the Clone Wars, Prequels and Originals, will it make the value of those sets go up or down? Originals: It's a safe bet that any LEGO set from Episodes 4,5, or 6 are never going to out of trend Prequels: Episode 1 can have good sets (MTT was amazing) but for most part thats where it will slack, Episodes 2 and 3 sets I think will always stay in trend (cause they were decent movies) Clone Wars: This is a big question, a big fear to me! Will kids still like clones (even remember) them after the TV show ends? Will Star Wars 7 blind them enough to the point Clone Wars isn't that big anymore. For a guy makes his YouTube channel off Clones (50%), thats big give or take risk. I mean lets be real, Clone Wars will always be part of Star Wars, but its just TV show and only shows up for 30 minutes of movies in episodes 2 and 3. If Star Wars 7 (guessing now) has a new war, a new army, clones may be old, and whatever the new trend is will be the new attraction (Will kids and collectors want to buy Clone Wars Sets with the trend being over blown by the new Star Wars episodes?). I don't know, maybe I'm being a bit crazy and skeptic about this... :-P But we do one thing, Star Wars will be changed forever with Star Wars 7, if it success, Lucasfilm will branch side movies, TV Shows, and More episodes to follow, the trend from Clone Wars will change to the new generation. Please, share thoughts! (I know I went on a guess and theory, but I want to hear what you have to say!) Thanks David

I think Star Wars is going to be a huge hit...as always... You know anyone who won't go see it no matter how bad the ratings are? On a different note...they have do have anew show on cartoon channel coming out... "...and also from LEGO, three quarterly installment specials of The Yoda Chronicles, a new CG-animated foray into the

Nice post! I think it's a Home Run for the STAR WARS theme, which has been stagnant for awhile now. Episode 4,5 and 6 sets will especially be affected because of the potential time frame similarities and character/vehicle carryovers. Imagine if the Millennium Falcon is in the new movie? Imagine what the value of the 10179 can hit if it is? Or what happens if LEGO releases UCS 10179 2.0? Oh boy! Fun speculation...

Nice post! I think it's a Home Run for the STAR WARS theme, which has been stagnant for awhile now. Episode 4,5 and 6 sets will especially be affected because of the potential time frame similarities and character/vehicle carryovers. Imagine if the Millennium Falcon is in the new movie? Imagine what the value of the 10179 can hit if it is? Or what happens if LEGO releases UCS 10179 2.0? Oh boy! Fun speculation...

Exactly, theres a lot of room for speculation, its key that a lot of LEGO Star Wars fan's pay close attention to all the news on the movie and the direction its heading in.

A nice topic for everyone, especially for us Star wars fans. There are 2 possibilities for the new sequels story: 1. They will base the story upon Thimothy Zahn's books where Luke, Han and Leia have main roles, along with Mara Jade and Admiral Thrawn. 2. They will base the movies after Thrawn just not to clash with the books (or pay royalties to Zahn). Both options bring a great deal of attention to episode 4-6. This means we will see again star destroyers, the millenium falcon and most definately R2D2 and C3PO. I think these are the safest bets for appearance and probably these sets will gain on popularity. If LEGO decides to follow the Star Wars saga I would expect new ships and units, most probably an UCS set of C3PO. I don't think they will make new sets of the star destroyer or millenium falcon, although they would be highly profitable. However I think the super star destroyer is safe from any re-edition. We probably won't see it in the new movies, but we might get a look on the upgraded version like the Eclipse SSD,Pallaeon star destroyer or even the Interdictor cruiser. These would be nice additions to any collection.

A nice topic for everyone, especially for us Star wars fans.

There are 2 possibilities for the new sequels story:

1. They will base the story upon Thimothy Zahn's books where Luke, Han and Leia have main roles, along with Mara Jade and Admiral Thrawn.

I thought the Timothy Zahn books were awesome. I highly recommend them to anyone who hasn't read them and is looking for a fun easy read.

i think the 2015 movie will be massive for lego and vintage kenner collectors. the new movies (epecially if ep 7 is a success) will once again, make "fresh" star wars available to a new generation (and their parents' wallets). then those same kids will watch the older star wars movies with their parents and older siblings. ii envision the 2015 star wars "craze" to be like 1999's ep 1 all over again but with a FAR better movie.

Yup they are quite good, but there are some things that are not very convincing. Like the golden Dreadnought fleet that should stand up to the imperial star destroyers? That's a laugh since these ships are so old and with low firepower that they couldn't even dent a star destroyer. The rumor is that the movies most probably won't be based on his books, but we'll see.