California collector checking in...

Hey everyone. Long time lurker, first time poster. Just wanted to drop in and say hi. Just started getting into the Lego collecting/investing but have been into Legos in general for a long time. Never really saw Legos as being an investment option but stumbled along an article awhile ago that then pointed me to this site and have been hooked ever since. Hope to meet and get to know more people in this community and learning more about the investing side of things.

Edited by The_Collector
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, The_Collector said:

Hey everyone. Long time lurker, first time poster. Just wanted to drop in and say hi. Just started getting into the Lego collecting/investing but have been into Legos in general for a long time. Never really saw Legos as being an investment option but stumbled along an article awhile ago that then pointed me to this site and have been hooked ever since. Hope to meet and get to know more people in this community and learning more about the investing side of things.

Welcome from Orange County!  Your story mirrors mine, and I am sure many others on this site :)

On 3/23/2016 at 10:49 AM, oneknightr said:

Welcome from the San Francisco Bay Area!

Thanks I'm from the Sacramento area.

On 3/23/2016 at 11:45 AM, randrace said:

Greetings from Orange County. If you live in the LA/OC or San Diego area you'll find some good info on deals in the Clearance Thread. Cheers!

I wish I was down there as I'm in the Sacramento area and trying to find good deals up here is a job in itself :)

2 hours ago, The_Collector said:

Thanks I'm from the Sacramento area.

I wish I was down there as I'm in the Sacramento area and trying to find good deals up here is a job in itself :)

Not too many deals to be had in our area. Way too many collectors/BP'ers. :derisive:  I score the occasionally deal on craiglist (far and few in between now) and rarely see 50% off clearance at my local Targets and Walmarts.

3 minutes ago, oneknightr said:

Not too many deals to be had in our area. Way too many collectors/BP'ers. :derisive:  I score the occasionally deal on craiglist (far and few in between now) and rarely see 50% off clearance at my local Targets and Walmarts.

Hello from Davis,CA. I think that is about right. I find most of my deals on business trips. I dread business trips - going and looking for deals in random cities Walmarts, Targets, etc has given me a renewed outlook on getting on a plane. But yeah -- not many deals here in Sacramento area compared to other areas.

• Like 1