Hey!... From Cancun, Miami, Portugal, Montreal, and Vancouver! =D

Hey everyone! So... I generally live in Cancun, grew up in Miami, have a longtime gf studying her PhD in Portugal, have lived in Montreal, and have a brother at UBC in Vancouver :hi:

I've been wanting/meaning to get by brickfolio updated as I think it's an awesome idea, but just musing about the internet watching youtube videos made me want to start a 'wishlist' for sets on here. I then realized that I can't seem to find this function anywhere. Does it exist? If so, it'd be great to be able to click + add sets when searching for their value.

Anyway, hope to be a bit more active in the community. Only ever wanted Lego sets as a kid, and now that I've "grown up", still love building and collecting them.

- David 

17 hours ago, lobo1969 said:

Being cold in Portual is a very relative thing when talking to a person in Canada :cold:

But where I'm sitting, its been a very mild winter so I'm won't complain too much! ;)

haha.. I can imagine.. I've spent a few winters in Montreal... BUT, in generally, I think there is more central indoor heating in Canada.. here we just have portable heaters that definitely can't compete not enough isolation in the building =(

16 hours ago, firos said:

Enjoy your stay in Portugal and be sure to return, there's a lot of good sights, excelent food and we like our visitors :)

Definitely enjoying the food, the extremely cheap green wine, and the sights. =) (in Braga).

...and yay! Someone else that's in Portugal atm. Any ideas where to get well-priced Lego sets here?... I've only found a decent selection in TRU, and a few odd sets at toy stores and Continente/Pingo Doce.

Thanks!... and, anyone know anything about my 'wants list' question?.. or where in the forum I should be asking?

:pardon:

1 minute ago, Deanfjr said:

I like your profile pic, it's a great idea, but man that hot dog looks nasty!  

It's an IKEA hot dog - but yeah I'll find another pic less 'visceral' :)

25 minutes ago, daurgo2001 said:

Definitely enjoying the food, the extremely cheap green wine, and the sights. =) (in Braga).

...and yay! Someone else that's in Portugal atm. Any ideas where to get well-priced Lego sets here?... I've only found a decent selection in TRU, and a few odd sets at toy stores and Continente/Pingo Doce.

You should go for a tour at Porto, great city. As for Lego, you have a sale going right now at Toy'r'us, online only, but not much to chose from. The best way to find Lego at good prices are in the sales at the retailers you mentioned, but they're rare. Maybe after Easter or at the beginning of the summer. You can also order from LEGO Shop at Home.

1 hour ago, daurgo2001 said:

Thanks!... and, anyone know anything about my 'wants list' question?.. or where in the forum I should be asking?

firos sum it all im afraid :(

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 23/02/2016 at 3:40 PM, daurgo2001 said:

There's a promotion going right now at Pingo Doce: buy 2 pay 1. Check out some store because the Lego distribution doesn't seem to be equal: some bigger store have it while other don't, and the majority of the small stores don't have any. So, YMMV.

Also there was a promotion at Jumbo with some 20€ Lego City sets. The same, buy 2 pay 1. Not sure if it is still running, but you can check at the online store.

Not a great selection from both these promotion, City, Friends and Duplo, all on the small end of the themes. But if you want some Lego promos, there it is.

Cheers

• Like 1

4 hours ago, firos said:

There's a promotion going right now at Pingo Doce: buy 2 pay 1. Check out some store because the Lego distribution doesn't seem to be equal: some bigger store have it while other don't, and the majority of the small stores don't have any. So, YMMV.

Also there was a promotion at Jumbo with some 20€ Lego City sets. The same, buy 2 pay 1. Not sure if it is still running, but you can check at the online store.

Not a great selection from both these promotion, City, Friends and Duplo, all on the small end of the themes. But if you want some Lego promos, there it is.

Cheers

Thanks! Yea... The Pingo Doce here only has like 3 different sets, total... >.< Never heard of Jumbo though, so I'll take a look there!

Hmm.. nvm... No Jumbo in Braga =(

Edited by daurgo2001

10 hours ago, gregpj said:

Welcome, and to answer your earlier question - BrickPicker does not have a "want list" feature, only a "how much is my LEGO worth" feature called your BrickFolio. :)

heh... I had all but given up and forgotten about the question! Thanks for replying :thumbsup:

There should definitely be a nice easy way of building a 'wants' list... I love the Brickfolio feature!

Edited by daurgo2001