Amazon FBA experiment UK

Yellowtot

so, I've been selling on Amazon for around 15 months now, basically since eBay has been on a major decline. I've always been interested in selling on Amazon via FBA, but including another party in my picking/packing was always a worry on my mind, anyway, I decided what the hell I'll take the plunge, worse case scenario is it's a total disaster and ends up being a tax write off anyway.

So looking at my inventory I had 27 Grand Emporiums, so I figured I bought in at around £110 each current selling price on Amazon was around £320 so after all said and done I'd be making a tidy profit on each one. I research Amazon FBA and it turns out if the item is selling at £300+ it's free, winner winner chicken dinner me thinks, then I read the small print ( it has to be a standard sized parcel 45cm max length. )

I ring Amazon saying I'm very interested in using FBA blah blah blah, but my items are larger than the standard box size entitling me to free FBA. Anyway the CS rep was very enthusiastic ( must really need his quota for the month ) and told me Amazon would waive the extra storage fee for the bigger sized items.

So, long story short, I set up FBA send off 20 of my Grand Emporiums and set my price for £319.99 each. ( not the cheapest at the time I might add ) This was all done in January.

All 20 sold within 72 hours ( 7 went to international locations ) ........... yep stunned was I, so I'm thinking Ok, great I've made this money and really had to do very little work apart from sending them off to Amazon. Anyway, I factored in possible problems with some orders, because FBA don't actually tell you what the issue is if the customer wants to return/replace an item etc.

Total shocker it's now been 30 days since my last GE sold and not one single issue with any of the items. The morale of the story, if you have large quantities of a certain set and want to try FBA, it gets a total thumbs up from me.

Side note, it actually works out cheaper sending small parcel items 500g and under through FBA than using OBA/DMO with Royal mail, and that includes full tracking from Amazon. So I recently just sent out a load of 9489/9488 and 75000 battle packs ( approx 100 in total, ) and 10 Hotdog guys for comedy value, because the current price is around £10.50 each and even though it's more expensive selling them through FBA then Royal mail recorded, ( around 20p more ) I was kind of curious how they might do. Last check I had over 1000 Mixels from series 2/3/4/5/6 I'll prob ship them off in October, depending on how the Hotdog guys do.

• Like 2