Hello from Canada

Hi,

I'm a 41 y/o father of 2.  One likes everything Star Wars while the other one likes Friends.  Used their love for Lego as an excuse to ask for the AT-AT for X-mas (which I did receive) and bought my wife the Friends Hotel.  

Still have some sets from the late 80's (with box and booklet....Thank you Mom!!).  When my wife started selling her old Care Bears on Ebay, I offered to be her Lego consultant ;)  Was a pretty easy sell as she was already regretting not purchasing 2 AT-AT when she bought mine for X-Mas, having realized that Lego can really go up in value. (Little side story - I found, and bought, an AT-AT at my local TRU Wednesday evening!!).

Really enjoy the information on this site....especially the Canadian perspective from many members.

As for investing, while I'm looking to make back a bit of money, I have come to realize that the real fun for me is the hunt for that hard to find set and/or great deals.  I'm lucky since around me there are several CT, TRU, Wallmart, Costco and mega-grocery stores that all carry Lego (at least some of the time).

Hope to be a good contributor to this site.....not just ask questions (which I will probably end up doing a lot at first).

DD

Welcome to Brickpicker! You'll see it posted a lot to new members but the best suggestion you'll get is 'do some reading'. For a week or two. There are several novels worth of info on this forum, all worth trying to absorb! 

Bit of a long shot as there are millions of users online, but did you purchase a Kai Drifter polybag on ebay a couple weeks ago from a seller in Vancouver? 

5 hours ago, Zelgazra said:

Welcome to Brickpicker! You'll see it posted a lot to new members but the best suggestion you'll get is 'do some reading'. For a week or two. There are several novels worth of info on this forum, all worth trying to absorb! 

Bit of a long shot as there are millions of users online, but did you purchase a Kai Drifter polybag on ebay a couple weeks ago from a seller in Vancouver? 

I / my wife did.  What a small world.

By the way, how did the moving go? :derisive:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DD said:

I / my wife did.  What a small world.

By the way, how did the moving go? :derisive:

Haha! Thanks for asking. All in all, pretty smoothly. Spent most of today mounting shelves and pictures, so it's coming together! Still lots of random stuff to sort and find homes for, as it goes.